- Those Autumn Leaves – an organic goldminePosted 4 days ago
- Brockport Symphony Orchestra presents annual Holiday Pops ConcertPosted 4 days ago
- Genesee Community College receives grant for student veteransPosted 4 days ago
- 2016 Home for the HolidaysPosted 2 weeks ago
- 2016 Holiday LinkPosted 3 weeks ago
- Online Photo ContestPosted 3 weeks ago
- TOPS honors U.S. veterans and active militaryPosted 4 weeks ago
Curves launches annual food drive “We Can Feed the Need”
Curves International, Inc. (http://www.curves.com/), the largest chain of fitness centers for women in the world, holds the 2014 Curves Food Drive March 10 through March 23 at participating Curves Clubs across the U.S. and Canada. This year, Curves is inviting both non-members and members to take part in the Food Drive by bringing in a bag of non-perishable food or a monetary contribution of at least $30 to be donated to a local community food bank. All new members who make a food or monetary donation will receive a $0 service fee when joining Curves as either a Fitness or Curves Complete member.
“Once again we are honored to offer the Curves Food Drive as a unique way for the community to come together and feed the needs of local food banks while simultaneously feeding the need for women’s health and fitness,” said Kathy Prince of Curves in Brockport. “This year, donations will benefit Brockport Ecumenical Food Shelf, Life’s Solutions, Holley Soup Kitchen and Kendall United Methodist Church Food Shelf.
Now in its 16th year, the Curves Food Drive has gathered and donated more than 75 million lbs. of food to benefit local community food banks. Over the years, Curves members have participated in unique ways including friendly in-club competitions and grocery cart parades. For information, visit Curves.com or Curves of Brockport, 57 North Main Street, Brockport, 585-637-5630.