- Churchville-Riga Chamber of Commerce announces 2015 community awardsPosted 6 days ago
- Funding available to farmers for water quality protectionPosted 6 days ago
- Hilton CSD seeks nominations for Alumni Hall of FamePosted 6 days ago
- Dissolution an issue again in BrockportPosted 2 weeks ago
- Holley first and second graders learn about healthy choicesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Brockport Hill School students win national poetry contestPosted 2 weeks ago
- Celebrating Black History Month in BrockportPosted 3 weeks ago
- Winter 2016 Community LinkPosted 3 weeks ago
- Churchville-Chili kindergarten classes now open for registrationPosted 4 weeks ago
Curves launches annual food drive “We Can Feed the Need”
Curves International, Inc. (http://www.curves.com/), the largest chain of fitness centers for women in the world, holds the 2014 Curves Food Drive March 10 through March 23 at participating Curves Clubs across the U.S. and Canada. This year, Curves is inviting both non-members and members to take part in the Food Drive by bringing in a bag of non-perishable food or a monetary contribution of at least $30 to be donated to a local community food bank. All new members who make a food or monetary donation will receive a $0 service fee when joining Curves as either a Fitness or Curves Complete member.
“Once again we are honored to offer the Curves Food Drive as a unique way for the community to come together and feed the needs of local food banks while simultaneously feeding the need for women’s health and fitness,” said Kathy Prince of Curves in Brockport. “This year, donations will benefit Brockport Ecumenical Food Shelf, Life’s Solutions, Holley Soup Kitchen and Kendall United Methodist Church Food Shelf.
Now in its 16th year, the Curves Food Drive has gathered and donated more than 75 million lbs. of food to benefit local community food banks. Over the years, Curves members have participated in unique ways including friendly in-club competitions and grocery cart parades. For information, visit Curves.com or Curves of Brockport, 57 North Main Street, Brockport, 585-637-5630.