- Village receives 17th Certified Local Government (CLG) GrantPosted 5 days ago
- Sweden solicits water survey responsesPosted 5 days ago
- Brockport Symphony Orchestra presents Americana ConcertPosted 5 days ago
- Monroe County Sheriff Department swears in newest recruitsPosted 2 weeks ago
- 2016 Apple Fest Award WinnersPosted 3 weeks ago
- 2016 Fall HomePosted 3 weeks ago
- Hilton-Parma to host Town Hall on the Prevention of Underage DrinkingPosted 1 month ago
Funeral home continues tree planting tradition
Thomas E. Burger Funeral Home has renewed membership in a program that has planted 52,214 trees in New York.
The firm arranges to have a tree planted for each service that they perform to provide a living memorial in honor of the deceased and to renew the forest life of New York.
The memorial trees are planted in the spring and fall. This program is part of a large endeavor, to restore the landscape with the eternal beauty of living trees.
After each service, close family members and friends are informed that the memorial tree has been arranged for by Thomas E. Burger of the Thomas E. Burger Funeral Home. When the tree has been planted, the designated people will receive a certificate of planting suitable for framing and keeping in the family’s history.