- St. Pius X parish rebuilding — literally and spiritually — following firePosted 2 weeks ago
- Hundreds of American flags to honor service providersPosted 2 weeks ago
- Entries for Erie Canalway Photo Contest due by August 28Posted 2 weeks ago
- “Back to School Fun Day” coming August 22Posted 2 weeks ago
- Walker Brothers Funeral Home to hold annual Butterfly ReleasePosted 3 weeks ago
- Ribbons remind to support CourtneyPosted 3 weeks ago
- Hometown Heroes from near and farPosted 3 weeks ago
- Hunter education courses in HolleyPosted 3 weeks ago
- 2015 Kids Special SectionPosted 3 weeks ago
- Village of Spencerport changes refuse containers policyPosted 4 weeks ago
Funeral home continues tree planting tradition
Thomas E. Burger Funeral Home has renewed membership in a program that has planted 52,214 trees in New York.
The firm arranges to have a tree planted for each service that they perform to provide a living memorial in honor of the deceased and to renew the forest life of New York.
The memorial trees are planted in the spring and fall. This program is part of a large endeavor, to restore the landscape with the eternal beauty of living trees.
After each service, close family members and friends are informed that the memorial tree has been arranged for by Thomas E. Burger of the Thomas E. Burger Funeral Home. When the tree has been planted, the designated people will receive a certificate of planting suitable for framing and keeping in the family’s history.