- Those Autumn Leaves – an organic goldminePosted 4 days ago
- Brockport Symphony Orchestra presents annual Holiday Pops ConcertPosted 4 days ago
- Genesee Community College receives grant for student veteransPosted 4 days ago
- 2016 Home for the HolidaysPosted 2 weeks ago
- 2016 Holiday LinkPosted 3 weeks ago
- Online Photo ContestPosted 3 weeks ago
- TOPS honors U.S. veterans and active militaryPosted 4 weeks ago
Funeral home continues tree planting tradition
Thomas E. Burger Funeral Home has renewed membership in a program that has planted 52,214 trees in New York.
The firm arranges to have a tree planted for each service that they perform to provide a living memorial in honor of the deceased and to renew the forest life of New York.
The memorial trees are planted in the spring and fall. This program is part of a large endeavor, to restore the landscape with the eternal beauty of living trees.
After each service, close family members and friends are informed that the memorial tree has been arranged for by Thomas E. Burger of the Thomas E. Burger Funeral Home. When the tree has been planted, the designated people will receive a certificate of planting suitable for framing and keeping in the family’s history.