- Fresh Christmas trees grown locally as sustainable cropsPosted 2 days ago
- Candlelight Christmas Holiday Show at Morgan Manning HousePosted 2 days ago
- 2015 Home for the HolidaysPosted 1 week ago
- Hilton CSD residents to vote on Capital Project propositionPosted 1 week ago
- Hilton-Parma Gazebo band to present Christmas concertsPosted 1 week ago
- Spencerport announces Scholar Athlete AwardsPosted 1 week ago
- 2015 Holiday Edition Community LinkPosted 2 weeks ago
- Long time Parma resident participates in Honor FlightPosted 2 weeks ago
- Brockport wins first football titlePosted 2 weeks ago
Funeral home continues tree planting tradition
Thomas E. Burger Funeral Home has renewed membership in a program that has planted 52,214 trees in New York.
The firm arranges to have a tree planted for each service that they perform to provide a living memorial in honor of the deceased and to renew the forest life of New York.
The memorial trees are planted in the spring and fall. This program is part of a large endeavor, to restore the landscape with the eternal beauty of living trees.
After each service, close family members and friends are informed that the memorial tree has been arranged for by Thomas E. Burger of the Thomas E. Burger Funeral Home. When the tree has been planted, the designated people will receive a certificate of planting suitable for framing and keeping in the family’s history.