- Gillett Road bridge over Erie Canal in Ogden now restricted to eight tonsPosted 6 days ago
- New York State Silver Gloves Boxing Tournament coming to RochesterPosted 6 days ago
- Christmas on the Canal celebrates 19 years with December 7 eventPosted 6 days ago
- Spencerport Community Chorus performs Holiday ConcertPosted 6 days ago
- CCHS named to national Blue Star School Top 100 BestPosted 2 weeks ago
- Hilton High School students to perform “The Sound of Music”Posted 2 weeks ago
- Kendall girls capture crown in OTPosted 2 weeks ago
Funeral home continues tree planting tradition
Thomas E. Burger Funeral Home has renewed membership in a program that has planted 52,214 trees in New York.
The firm arranges to have a tree planted for each service that they perform to provide a living memorial in honor of the deceased and to renew the forest life of New York.
The memorial trees are planted in the spring and fall. This program is part of a large endeavor, to restore the landscape with the eternal beauty of living trees.
After each service, close family members and friends are informed that the memorial tree has been arranged for by Thomas E. Burger of the Thomas E. Burger Funeral Home. When the tree has been planted, the designated people will receive a certificate of planting suitable for framing and keeping in the family’s history.