- GCC welcomes homeschool students and families to information and orientation sessionPosted 3 weeks ago
- 2017 First Responder TributePosted 1 month ago
- Brockport CSD receives universal pre-kindergarten grantPosted 1 month ago
- Brockport gymnasts rank secondPosted 1 month ago
- Genesee Country Village & Museum 2017 event calendarPosted 1 month ago
- Buy and sell at the Hilton Community Indoor Flea MarketPosted 1 month ago
- Save the date for Kendall’s “Community Read” eventPosted 1 month ago
Hawley tours Liberty Pumps, reaffirms support for small businesses
Assemblyman Steve Hawley (R,C,I-Batavia) took the opportunity to tour Liberty Pumps in Bergen on Friday, February 17 as part of his ongoing small-business tour.
Liberty Pumps was founded in 1965 and has grown to become one of North America’s leading domestic manufacturers of sump and wastewater pumps for professional plumbers. The company has also been named Business of the Year by the Genesee County Chamber of Commerce.
Hawley, a small-business owner and operator for over four decades, said he is always looking for insight into how the Legislature can assist business owners and help them expand and create jobs.
“I always enjoy meeting with business owners from around my district,” Hawley said. “Small businesses employ nearly half of New York’s workforce and are a major generator of economic growth, not just in Western New York but around the state. I am impressed by the rich history of Liberty Pumps and its ability to grow and expand even through difficult and uncertain economic times in our country’s history. Liberty Pumps is one shining example of New York’s entrepreneurial spirit, and I will keep their concerns and thoughts in mind while advocating for small-business policies in Albany.”
Provided information and photo