- GCC welcomes homeschool students and families to information and orientation sessionPosted 3 weeks ago
- 2017 First Responder TributePosted 4 weeks ago
- Brockport CSD receives universal pre-kindergarten grantPosted 1 month ago
- Brockport gymnasts rank secondPosted 1 month ago
- Genesee Country Village & Museum 2017 event calendarPosted 1 month ago
- Buy and sell at the Hilton Community Indoor Flea MarketPosted 1 month ago
- Save the date for Kendall’s “Community Read” eventPosted 1 month ago
Armed Forces Day Luncheon May 17
Tickets are now available for the 18th annual Armed Forces Day Luncheon, to be held May 17 at the Diplomat Party House, 1956 Lyell Avenue, Gates.
The Honorary Chair for this year’s luncheon is Channel 8 anchor Maureen McGuire and the guest speaker is Rear Admiral Fred M. Midgette, Commander, 9th Coast Guard District, U.S. Coast Guard. Doors open at 10:30 a.m. with displays and information from various veteran and military organizations. Lunch will be served at noon and the 198th Division U.S. Army Reserve Band will provide music.
Armed Forces Day honors the men and women of all branches who have served or are serving all over the world.
Tickets are $25 per person ($12 for ROTC cadets and children, 12 and under). Sponsors can purchase a table for eight for $250. For reservations call (800) 845-2412. A portion of the proceeds from ticket sales will be used to support the New York Warrior Alliance and Honor Flight Rochester.
Reservation deadline is May 4.