- Child Safety Fair coming to Hamlin Beach State ParkPosted 4 days ago
- Salvatore’s in Spencerport adds Arthur Treacher’s franchisePosted 4 days ago
- Byron-Bergen dancer competes in LondonPosted 4 days ago
- Westside Challenger Baseball closes out its 4th season with Award Ceremony and PicnicPosted 2 weeks ago
- Hilton’s Schwind living the dreamPosted 3 weeks ago
- State appeals court dismisses Monroe County Fair neighbors’ lawsuitPosted 3 weeks ago
- Discover Pinta and Nina in RochesterPosted 3 weeks ago
- Margaret A. McGrath Charitable Foundation awards $63,500 in scholarshipsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Monroe County Fair returns to Northampton ParkPosted 2 months ago
Armed Forces Day Luncheon May 17
Tickets are now available for the 18th annual Armed Forces Day Luncheon, to be held May 17 at the Diplomat Party House, 1956 Lyell Avenue, Gates.
The Honorary Chair for this year’s luncheon is Channel 8 anchor Maureen McGuire and the guest speaker is Rear Admiral Fred M. Midgette, Commander, 9th Coast Guard District, U.S. Coast Guard. Doors open at 10:30 a.m. with displays and information from various veteran and military organizations. Lunch will be served at noon and the 198th Division U.S. Army Reserve Band will provide music.
Armed Forces Day honors the men and women of all branches who have served or are serving all over the world.
Tickets are $25 per person ($12 for ROTC cadets and children, 12 and under). Sponsors can purchase a table for eight for $250. For reservations call (800) 845-2412. A portion of the proceeds from ticket sales will be used to support the New York Warrior Alliance and Honor Flight Rochester.
Reservation deadline is May 4.