- Local residents prepare for Tournament of Roses paradePosted 2 days ago
- Brockport Festival of Lights ParadePosted 2 days ago
- Western Monroe Historical Society celebrates its Golden Anniversary in 2015Posted 2 days ago
- New way to dispose of electronic appliancesPosted 1 week ago
- Fall college sports honorsPosted 1 week ago
- Hilton CSD Athletic Hall of Fame to induct five new members Dec. 29Posted 1 week ago
- 2014 Gift GuidePosted 1 week ago
- American Red Cross offers free Citizen Preparedness Corps training in OgdenPosted 2 weeks ago
- Celebrate Agriculture dinner tickets on salePosted 3 weeks ago
- 2014 Home for the HolidaysPosted 3 weeks ago
Armed Forces Day Luncheon May 17
Tickets are now available for the 18th annual Armed Forces Day Luncheon, to be held May 17 at the Diplomat Party House, 1956 Lyell Avenue, Gates.
The Honorary Chair for this year’s luncheon is Channel 8 anchor Maureen McGuire and the guest speaker is Rear Admiral Fred M. Midgette, Commander, 9th Coast Guard District, U.S. Coast Guard. Doors open at 10:30 a.m. with displays and information from various veteran and military organizations. Lunch will be served at noon and the 198th Division U.S. Army Reserve Band will provide music.
Armed Forces Day honors the men and women of all branches who have served or are serving all over the world.
Tickets are $25 per person ($12 for ROTC cadets and children, 12 and under). Sponsors can purchase a table for eight for $250. For reservations call (800) 845-2412. A portion of the proceeds from ticket sales will be used to support the New York Warrior Alliance and Honor Flight Rochester.
Reservation deadline is May 4.