- 2016 Spring Community LinkPosted 1 week ago
- Community volunteer helps residentsPosted 1 week ago
- Young Women of Distinction recipients announcedPosted 1 week ago
- 2016 Spring Home ImprovementPosted 3 weeks ago
- Community invited to attend Drug Prevention and Intervention ForumPosted 3 weeks ago
- Tickets on sale for 20th Annual Armed Forces Day LuncheonPosted 4 weeks ago
- Brockport sets date for Dissolution VotePosted 2 months ago
Arbor Day events April 25 in Brockport Volunteers invited to help
Combined funds from National Grid reimbursements from previous tree planting events, individual donations by check and the many pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters and dollars placed in donation jars at downtown Brockport businesses, as well as earnings from post Arbor Day T-shirt sales, will help fund the Village of Brockport’s Arbor Day.
Brockport’s 2014 event marks the ninth year the village has held Arbor Day events. Area residents are invited to join the Village of Brockport Tree Board, The College at Brockport, Brockport Central School, volunteers from other community groups Friday, April 25. Nine new village street trees will be planted on Adams Street. The Arbor Day celebration begins at 10 a.m. at the Cooper Hall lawn area across from the Newman Center near the intersection of Adams, Kenyon and New Campus Drive. A small ceremony will be held followed by tree planting.