- Candlelight Christmas Holiday Show at Morgan Manning House Dec. 5 & 6Posted 3 days ago
- Celebrate Agriculture dinner tickets on salePosted 3 days ago
- Boy Scouts launch toy collectionPosted 3 days ago
- 2014 Home for the HolidaysPosted 3 days ago
- Gillett Road bridge over Erie Canal in Ogden now restricted to eight tonsPosted 1 week ago
- New York State Silver Gloves Boxing Tournament coming to RochesterPosted 1 week ago
- Christmas on the Canal celebrates 19 years with December 7 eventPosted 1 week ago
- Spencerport Community Chorus performs Holiday ConcertPosted 1 week ago
- CCHS named to national Blue Star School Top 100 BestPosted 2 weeks ago
- Hilton High School students to perform “The Sound of Music”Posted 2 weeks ago
Arbor Day events April 25 in Brockport Volunteers invited to help
Combined funds from National Grid reimbursements from previous tree planting events, individual donations by check and the many pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters and dollars placed in donation jars at downtown Brockport businesses, as well as earnings from post Arbor Day T-shirt sales, will help fund the Village of Brockport’s Arbor Day.
Brockport’s 2014 event marks the ninth year the village has held Arbor Day events. Area residents are invited to join the Village of Brockport Tree Board, The College at Brockport, Brockport Central School, volunteers from other community groups Friday, April 25. Nine new village street trees will be planted on Adams Street. The Arbor Day celebration begins at 10 a.m. at the Cooper Hall lawn area across from the Newman Center near the intersection of Adams, Kenyon and New Campus Drive. A small ceremony will be held followed by tree planting.