- 2014 Apple Fest Special SectionPosted 2 days ago
- Bergen Business and Civic dinner recognizes residents Nov. 1Posted 2 days ago
- Riga to hold town budget hearing Oct. 8Posted 2 days ago
- 2014 Fall Community LinkPosted 7 days ago
- Fitness center coming soon to Holley School DistrictPosted 1 week ago
- Byron-Bergen/Elba improves to 2-0Posted 1 week ago
- Holley Rotary awards Paul Harris FellowPosted 2 weeks ago
- Civil War lectures presented at both GCC Medina and Albion Campus CentersPosted 2 weeks ago
Arbor Day events April 25 in Brockport Volunteers invited to help
Combined funds from National Grid reimbursements from previous tree planting events, individual donations by check and the many pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters and dollars placed in donation jars at downtown Brockport businesses, as well as earnings from post Arbor Day T-shirt sales, will help fund the Village of Brockport’s Arbor Day.
Brockport’s 2014 event marks the ninth year the village has held Arbor Day events. Area residents are invited to join the Village of Brockport Tree Board, The College at Brockport, Brockport Central School, volunteers from other community groups Friday, April 25. Nine new village street trees will be planted on Adams Street. The Arbor Day celebration begins at 10 a.m. at the Cooper Hall lawn area across from the Newman Center near the intersection of Adams, Kenyon and New Campus Drive. A small ceremony will be held followed by tree planting.