- Summer Guide 2016Posted 19 hours ago
- Black Creek watersPosted 22 hours ago
- Annual Brockport Central School District Art show opens May 23Posted 22 hours ago
- Winners announced for annual Erie Canal Poster ContestPosted 1 week ago
- Share the beauty of community with a Fresh Air childPosted 1 week ago
- Rochester Press-Radio Club announces Day of Champions Award winnersPosted 1 week ago
- 2016 Home and GardenPosted 3 weeks ago
- Brockport sets date for Dissolution VotePosted 2 months ago
Arbor Day events April 25 in Brockport Volunteers invited to help
Combined funds from National Grid reimbursements from previous tree planting events, individual donations by check and the many pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters and dollars placed in donation jars at downtown Brockport businesses, as well as earnings from post Arbor Day T-shirt sales, will help fund the Village of Brockport’s Arbor Day.
Brockport’s 2014 event marks the ninth year the village has held Arbor Day events. Area residents are invited to join the Village of Brockport Tree Board, The College at Brockport, Brockport Central School, volunteers from other community groups Friday, April 25. Nine new village street trees will be planted on Adams Street. The Arbor Day celebration begins at 10 a.m. at the Cooper Hall lawn area across from the Newman Center near the intersection of Adams, Kenyon and New Campus Drive. A small ceremony will be held followed by tree planting.