- Those Autumn Leaves – an organic goldminePosted 5 days ago
- Brockport Symphony Orchestra presents annual Holiday Pops ConcertPosted 5 days ago
- Genesee Community College receives grant for student veteransPosted 5 days ago
- 2016 Home for the HolidaysPosted 2 weeks ago
- 2016 Holiday LinkPosted 3 weeks ago
- Online Photo ContestPosted 4 weeks ago
- TOPS honors U.S. veterans and active militaryPosted 4 weeks ago
Arbor Day events April 25 in Brockport Volunteers invited to help
Combined funds from National Grid reimbursements from previous tree planting events, individual donations by check and the many pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters and dollars placed in donation jars at downtown Brockport businesses, as well as earnings from post Arbor Day T-shirt sales, will help fund the Village of Brockport’s Arbor Day.
Brockport’s 2014 event marks the ninth year the village has held Arbor Day events. Area residents are invited to join the Village of Brockport Tree Board, The College at Brockport, Brockport Central School, volunteers from other community groups Friday, April 25. Nine new village street trees will be planted on Adams Street. The Arbor Day celebration begins at 10 a.m. at the Cooper Hall lawn area across from the Newman Center near the intersection of Adams, Kenyon and New Campus Drive. A small ceremony will be held followed by tree planting.