- Urban-Suburban program on Spencerport Board’s Feb. 24 agendaPosted 7 days ago
- Parma studies solar possibilitiesPosted 7 days ago
- March Madness returns to Churchville-ChiliPosted 7 days ago
- DOT presents plans for Route 531 terminus improvements, comment period ends Feb. 27Posted 2 weeks ago
- “Garden Talk” focuses on new plants for 2015Posted 2 weeks ago
- Free RPO “Around the Town” Concert performed at C-C PACPosted 2 weeks ago
- Board hears opinions from speakers on both sides of Spencerport’s Urban-Suburban implementation issuePosted 3 weeks ago
- Be a creative part of the Hilton Apple Fest traditionPosted 3 weeks ago
- New High School Equivalency test availablePosted 3 weeks ago
- GCC offers tax filing helpPosted 4 weeks ago
Arbor Day events April 25 in Brockport Volunteers invited to help
Combined funds from National Grid reimbursements from previous tree planting events, individual donations by check and the many pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters and dollars placed in donation jars at downtown Brockport businesses, as well as earnings from post Arbor Day T-shirt sales, will help fund the Village of Brockport’s Arbor Day.
Brockport’s 2014 event marks the ninth year the village has held Arbor Day events. Area residents are invited to join the Village of Brockport Tree Board, The College at Brockport, Brockport Central School, volunteers from other community groups Friday, April 25. Nine new village street trees will be planted on Adams Street. The Arbor Day celebration begins at 10 a.m. at the Cooper Hall lawn area across from the Newman Center near the intersection of Adams, Kenyon and New Campus Drive. A small ceremony will be held followed by tree planting.