- Over 100 families assisted in Cartons for Christmas OutreachPosted 4 days ago
- 2015 Winter LinkPosted 4 days ago
- Cadets win second consecutive Barnard TourneyPosted 4 days ago
- Public hearing Feb. 5 on Route 531/Washington Street terminus improvementsPosted 1 week ago
- Brockport CSD holds public hearing on Veterans’ Tax Exemption Jan. 27Posted 1 week ago
- Artwork from Parma Public Library’s adult art programs on displayPosted 1 week ago
- Brockport’s “Evening of Jazz” on Feb. 6Posted 2 weeks ago
- Sweden Town Park outdoor ice rink is openPosted 2 weeks ago
- Can you help solve these mysteries?Posted 2 weeks ago
- Spencerport Area Chamber of Commerce announces 2014 Award WinnersPosted 4 weeks ago
Arbor Day events April 25 in Brockport Volunteers invited to help
Combined funds from National Grid reimbursements from previous tree planting events, individual donations by check and the many pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters and dollars placed in donation jars at downtown Brockport businesses, as well as earnings from post Arbor Day T-shirt sales, will help fund the Village of Brockport’s Arbor Day.
Brockport’s 2014 event marks the ninth year the village has held Arbor Day events. Area residents are invited to join the Village of Brockport Tree Board, The College at Brockport, Brockport Central School, volunteers from other community groups Friday, April 25. Nine new village street trees will be planted on Adams Street. The Arbor Day celebration begins at 10 a.m. at the Cooper Hall lawn area across from the Newman Center near the intersection of Adams, Kenyon and New Campus Drive. A small ceremony will be held followed by tree planting.