- Dissolution an issue again in BrockportPosted 1 week ago
- Holley first and second graders learn about healthy choicesPosted 1 week ago
- Brockport Hill School students win national poetry contestPosted 1 week ago
- Celebrating Black History Month in BrockportPosted 2 weeks ago
- Winter 2016 Community LinkPosted 2 weeks ago
- Sponsorships available for 2016 canal-related eventsPosted 3 weeks ago
- Churchville-Chili kindergarten classes now open for registrationPosted 3 weeks ago
CROP Walk May 4 in Hilton Help “Stuff a Bus” with Food Shelf donations
The 3rd Annual Hilton-Parma CROP Walk to fight hunger will be held Sunday, May 4 with registration beginning at 1:30 p.m. at St. Paul Lutheran School, 158 East Avenue. The walk raises money to fight hunger in the Hilton-Parma community and around the world.
There are three ways to support this effort. First, you can walk, either as an individual or as a team, and ask your family, friends and colleagues to sponsor you. There is a five mile path or a one mile path. There already are teams from local churches and schools, and teams from businesses and community organizations are welcome. A second way to support the CROP Walk is to donate money, either by sponsoring a walker or by giving directly to the walk.
Finally, this year we’ve added a “Stuff a Bus” campaign. Thanks to the Hilton Central School District, we’ll have a bus parked at Tops on Saturday, May 3 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The goal is to fill it with non-perishable food items donated by the community. The food will go to the Hilton-Parma Emergency Food Shelf. The need at the food shelf tends to increase during the summer months while donations tend to decrease and the goal of this effort will get the shelves well stocked ahead of that need.
For information or to sign up to walk or donate, call Paul Frolick at St. George’s Episcopal Church at 392-4099.