- 2016 Monroe County Fair is just around the cornerPosted 3 days ago
- BRIDGE NY funds help counties fix more bridgesPosted 1 week ago
- Volunteers meet to beautify Main StreetPosted 3 weeks ago
- Graduation 2016Posted 1 month ago
- Get ready to read this summerPosted 1 month ago
- Red Jug Pub to locate in BrockportPosted 1 month ago
- Spencerport business owner receives Founders AwardPosted 1 month ago
- Summer Guide 2016Posted 2 months ago
CROP Walk May 4 in Hilton Help “Stuff a Bus” with Food Shelf donations
The 3rd Annual Hilton-Parma CROP Walk to fight hunger will be held Sunday, May 4 with registration beginning at 1:30 p.m. at St. Paul Lutheran School, 158 East Avenue. The walk raises money to fight hunger in the Hilton-Parma community and around the world.
There are three ways to support this effort. First, you can walk, either as an individual or as a team, and ask your family, friends and colleagues to sponsor you. There is a five mile path or a one mile path. There already are teams from local churches and schools, and teams from businesses and community organizations are welcome. A second way to support the CROP Walk is to donate money, either by sponsoring a walker or by giving directly to the walk.
Finally, this year we’ve added a “Stuff a Bus” campaign. Thanks to the Hilton Central School District, we’ll have a bus parked at Tops on Saturday, May 3 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The goal is to fill it with non-perishable food items donated by the community. The food will go to the Hilton-Parma Emergency Food Shelf. The need at the food shelf tends to increase during the summer months while donations tend to decrease and the goal of this effort will get the shelves well stocked ahead of that need.
For information or to sign up to walk or donate, call Paul Frolick at St. George’s Episcopal Church at 392-4099.