- Urban-Suburban program on Spencerport Board’s Feb. 24 agendaPosted 6 days ago
- Parma studies solar possibilitiesPosted 6 days ago
- March Madness returns to Churchville-ChiliPosted 6 days ago
- DOT presents plans for Route 531 terminus improvements, comment period ends Feb. 27Posted 2 weeks ago
- “Garden Talk” focuses on new plants for 2015Posted 2 weeks ago
- Free RPO “Around the Town” Concert performed at C-C PACPosted 2 weeks ago
- Board hears opinions from speakers on both sides of Spencerport’s Urban-Suburban implementation issuePosted 3 weeks ago
- Be a creative part of the Hilton Apple Fest traditionPosted 3 weeks ago
- New High School Equivalency test availablePosted 3 weeks ago
- GCC offers tax filing helpPosted 4 weeks ago
Ecumenical benefit concert May 18
The 14th annual Ecumenical Benefit Concert sponsored by the Westside Coalition of Christian Churches is Sunday, May 18 at 7 p.m., at Pearce Memorial Church, 4322 Buffalo Road, North Chili (near Roberts Wesleyan College). This group of churches initially gathered in 2001 to support the building of a Habitat for Humanity House, and the music ministries have presented an annual benefit concert each year since then, raising over $30,000 for different charitable organizations.
This year’s concert features choirs and instrumentalists from Community Christian Church, Concordia Lutheran Church, Parkminster Church, Pearce Memorial Church, St. Paul Lutheran Church, St. Theodore’s Catholic Church and Trinity Emmanual Lutheran Church. Choirs from each of the churches and the combined vocal, men’s and women’s choirs will present sacred choral selections. The special featured musicians for this concert will be the handbell choir from St. Theodore’s Church, and members of the audience will be invited to join with the combined concert choir in singing Handel’s “Hallelujah Chorus.”
The concert is free and open to the public and Pearce Church is handicapped accessible. Free will donations will be accepted with all proceeds going to Aurora House, a two-bed hospice home located in Spencerport. For several years, Thrivent Financial for Lutherans has matched a percentage of donations.