- Graduation 2016Posted 3 days ago
- Mill Creek Golf Club holds ribbon cuttingPosted 4 days ago
- Get ready to read this summerPosted 4 days ago
- Business AlmanacPosted 1 week ago
- Red Jug Pub to locate in BrockportPosted 2 weeks ago
- Spencerport business owner receives Founders AwardPosted 2 weeks ago
- Hilton-Parma Gazebo Band to launch 33rd Concert SeasonPosted 3 weeks ago
- UMC opens annual farmers’ marketPosted 3 weeks ago
- Historical items on displayPosted 4 weeks ago
- 2016 Summer Community LinkPosted 4 weeks ago
Ecumenical benefit concert May 18
The 14th annual Ecumenical Benefit Concert sponsored by the Westside Coalition of Christian Churches is Sunday, May 18 at 7 p.m., at Pearce Memorial Church, 4322 Buffalo Road, North Chili (near Roberts Wesleyan College). This group of churches initially gathered in 2001 to support the building of a Habitat for Humanity House, and the music ministries have presented an annual benefit concert each year since then, raising over $30,000 for different charitable organizations.
This year’s concert features choirs and instrumentalists from Community Christian Church, Concordia Lutheran Church, Parkminster Church, Pearce Memorial Church, St. Paul Lutheran Church, St. Theodore’s Catholic Church and Trinity Emmanual Lutheran Church. Choirs from each of the churches and the combined vocal, men’s and women’s choirs will present sacred choral selections. The special featured musicians for this concert will be the handbell choir from St. Theodore’s Church, and members of the audience will be invited to join with the combined concert choir in singing Handel’s “Hallelujah Chorus.”
The concert is free and open to the public and Pearce Church is handicapped accessible. Free will donations will be accepted with all proceeds going to Aurora House, a two-bed hospice home located in Spencerport. For several years, Thrivent Financial for Lutherans has matched a percentage of donations.