- 2015 Home for the HolidaysPosted 2 days ago
- Hilton CSD residents to vote on Capital Project propositionPosted 2 days ago
- Hilton-Parma Gazebo band to present Christmas concertsPosted 2 days ago
- Spencerport announces Scholar Athlete AwardsPosted 2 days ago
- 2015 Holiday Edition Community LinkPosted 1 week ago
- Long time Parma resident participates in Honor FlightPosted 1 week ago
- Brockport wins first football titlePosted 1 week ago
- Town of Riga will have new leadershipPosted 2 weeks ago
- Make a Difference – Pack the Bus!Posted 3 weeks ago
- 2015 Business FocusPosted 1 month ago
Ecumenical benefit concert May 18
The 14th annual Ecumenical Benefit Concert sponsored by the Westside Coalition of Christian Churches is Sunday, May 18 at 7 p.m., at Pearce Memorial Church, 4322 Buffalo Road, North Chili (near Roberts Wesleyan College). This group of churches initially gathered in 2001 to support the building of a Habitat for Humanity House, and the music ministries have presented an annual benefit concert each year since then, raising over $30,000 for different charitable organizations.
This year’s concert features choirs and instrumentalists from Community Christian Church, Concordia Lutheran Church, Parkminster Church, Pearce Memorial Church, St. Paul Lutheran Church, St. Theodore’s Catholic Church and Trinity Emmanual Lutheran Church. Choirs from each of the churches and the combined vocal, men’s and women’s choirs will present sacred choral selections. The special featured musicians for this concert will be the handbell choir from St. Theodore’s Church, and members of the audience will be invited to join with the combined concert choir in singing Handel’s “Hallelujah Chorus.”
The concert is free and open to the public and Pearce Church is handicapped accessible. Free will donations will be accepted with all proceeds going to Aurora House, a two-bed hospice home located in Spencerport. For several years, Thrivent Financial for Lutherans has matched a percentage of donations.