- 2014 Apple Fest Special SectionPosted 3 days ago
- Bergen Business and Civic dinner recognizes residents Nov. 1Posted 3 days ago
- Riga to hold town budget hearing Oct. 8Posted 3 days ago
- 2014 Fall Community LinkPosted 1 week ago
- Fitness center coming soon to Holley School DistrictPosted 1 week ago
- Byron-Bergen/Elba improves to 2-0Posted 1 week ago
- Holley Rotary awards Paul Harris FellowPosted 2 weeks ago
- Civil War lectures presented at both GCC Medina and Albion Campus CentersPosted 2 weeks ago
Ogden’s Bianchi named Town Clerk of the Year for Region 8
Ogden Town Clerk Lynn Bianchi received recognition from the New York State Town Clerk’s Association by naming her Town Clerk of the Year. She was chosen from six county applicants residing in Region 8. Bianchi received nominations from seven different individuals, including Supervisor Gay Lenhard and Deputy Supervisor Tom Cole, as well as the Ogden Deputy Clerk, representatives from the Town of Rush, Junior Achievement, Spencerport Area Chamber of Commerce, and the Village of Spencerport.
According to a press release, Bianchi was chosen because she has gone above and beyond her responsibilities to serve her constituents and all who visit the Ogden Town Clerk’s Office as Tax Receiver, Notary Public, Registrar of Vital Statistics and Records Management Officer. She has been proactive and has worked to keep town offices up-to-date with modern technology and has written several grants and assisted others in their grant writing. Bianchi’s community involvement includes memberships in the Ogden Republican Committee, Spencerport Area Chamber of Commerce, and the Ogden Historical Society, as well as her participation in Junior Achievement by volunteering at Bernabi School to teach 3rd graders about businesses and financial institutions and teaching Sunday School at St. John the Evangelist in Spencerport.
According to Ogden Supervisor Gay Lenhard, Lynn’s 20 years with the Town of Ogden has proved herself to be a true professional who is dedicated, cooperative, efficient and knowledgeable.