- Summer Guide 2016Posted 2 days ago
- Black Creek watersPosted 2 days ago
- Annual Brockport Central School District Art show opens May 23Posted 2 days ago
- Winners announced for annual Erie Canal Poster ContestPosted 1 week ago
- Share the beauty of community with a Fresh Air childPosted 1 week ago
- Rochester Press-Radio Club announces Day of Champions Award winnersPosted 1 week ago
- 2016 Home and GardenPosted 3 weeks ago
- Brockport sets date for Dissolution VotePosted 2 months ago
Ogden’s Bianchi named Town Clerk of the Year for Region 8
Ogden Town Clerk Lynn Bianchi received recognition from the New York State Town Clerk’s Association by naming her Town Clerk of the Year. She was chosen from six county applicants residing in Region 8. Bianchi received nominations from seven different individuals, including Supervisor Gay Lenhard and Deputy Supervisor Tom Cole, as well as the Ogden Deputy Clerk, representatives from the Town of Rush, Junior Achievement, Spencerport Area Chamber of Commerce, and the Village of Spencerport.
According to a press release, Bianchi was chosen because she has gone above and beyond her responsibilities to serve her constituents and all who visit the Ogden Town Clerk’s Office as Tax Receiver, Notary Public, Registrar of Vital Statistics and Records Management Officer. She has been proactive and has worked to keep town offices up-to-date with modern technology and has written several grants and assisted others in their grant writing. Bianchi’s community involvement includes memberships in the Ogden Republican Committee, Spencerport Area Chamber of Commerce, and the Ogden Historical Society, as well as her participation in Junior Achievement by volunteering at Bernabi School to teach 3rd graders about businesses and financial institutions and teaching Sunday School at St. John the Evangelist in Spencerport.
According to Ogden Supervisor Gay Lenhard, Lynn’s 20 years with the Town of Ogden has proved herself to be a true professional who is dedicated, cooperative, efficient and knowledgeable.