- “Out of the Ashes” – Marking the 50th anniversary of the Western Monroe Historical SocietyPosted 2 weeks ago
- Hilton Firemen’s Carnival changes dates, expands for 2015Posted 2 weeks ago
- C-C student receives local VFW Patriot’s Pen awardPosted 2 weeks ago
- Take a class – “Catch the Gardening Bug” series begins March 25Posted 4 weeks ago
- “Garden Talk” focuses on new plants for 2015Posted 1 month ago
- New High School Equivalency test availablePosted 2 months ago
- GCC offers tax filing helpPosted 2 months ago
- Applications for Preservation League’s Signature Grant Programs due by April 13Posted 2 months ago
Ogden’s Bianchi named Town Clerk of the Year for Region 8
Ogden Town Clerk Lynn Bianchi received recognition from the New York State Town Clerk’s Association by naming her Town Clerk of the Year. She was chosen from six county applicants residing in Region 8. Bianchi received nominations from seven different individuals, including Supervisor Gay Lenhard and Deputy Supervisor Tom Cole, as well as the Ogden Deputy Clerk, representatives from the Town of Rush, Junior Achievement, Spencerport Area Chamber of Commerce, and the Village of Spencerport.
According to a press release, Bianchi was chosen because she has gone above and beyond her responsibilities to serve her constituents and all who visit the Ogden Town Clerk’s Office as Tax Receiver, Notary Public, Registrar of Vital Statistics and Records Management Officer. She has been proactive and has worked to keep town offices up-to-date with modern technology and has written several grants and assisted others in their grant writing. Bianchi’s community involvement includes memberships in the Ogden Republican Committee, Spencerport Area Chamber of Commerce, and the Ogden Historical Society, as well as her participation in Junior Achievement by volunteering at Bernabi School to teach 3rd graders about businesses and financial institutions and teaching Sunday School at St. John the Evangelist in Spencerport.
According to Ogden Supervisor Gay Lenhard, Lynn’s 20 years with the Town of Ogden has proved herself to be a true professional who is dedicated, cooperative, efficient and knowledgeable.