- 2015 Spring Home ImprovementPosted 3 days ago
- Purple Pony Seeking VolunteersPosted 3 days ago
- Reforesting Island Cottage Woods – A Volunteer OpportunityPosted 3 weeks ago
- 27th Annual Braddock Bay Raptor Research “Bird of Prey Days”Posted 3 weeks ago
- 2015 Spring Showcase of BusinessPosted 3 weeks ago
- Area resource helps collect medical infoPosted 3 weeks ago
- C-C’s Ryan named Player of the YearPosted 3 weeks ago
- Hilton Firemen’s Carnival changes dates, expands for 2015Posted 1 month ago
- C-C student receives local VFW Patriot’s Pen awardPosted 1 month ago
- GCC offers tax filing helpPosted 3 months ago
ROPEX Stamp Show May 16-18
The Rochester National Stamp Exhibition, ROPEX 2014, takes place Friday, May 16 through Sunday, May 18 at The Main Street Armory, 900 East Main Street in Rochester. Hours are 11 a.m. – 6 p.m., 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. and 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Admission is $2 per day with free parking across the street. Youth under 18 are free.
The show features 15 dealers from across the northeast selling and buying stamps, albums, collections, postcards and other stamp related items and collectible supplies. There will be items of interest for beginners of all ages through advanced collectors. The United States Postal Service is attending selling the latest stamps and philatelic products. Exhibitors from the U.S., Canada and Australia are presenting competitive displays vying for medals and prizes.
Members of the Rochester Philatelic Association are offering free informal appraisals of items brought in by the public and can offer advice as to the best way to sell them.
The theme this year is “Hot Cars,” in part honoring the 50th anniversary of the iconic Ford Mustang. Commemorative souvenir envelopes depict various worldwide stamp issues showing Mustang, Lotus, Bricklin and Ferrari models with “car part” postmarks.
Youth activities are scheduled at the Youth Booth for Saturday and Sunday. Winners of the 2014 RPA/ROPEX Design-A-Stamp competition will be announced on Sunday at 1 p.m.