- St. Pius X parish rebuilding — literally and spiritually — following firePosted 2 weeks ago
- Hundreds of American flags to honor service providersPosted 2 weeks ago
- Entries for Erie Canalway Photo Contest due by August 28Posted 2 weeks ago
- “Back to School Fun Day” coming August 22Posted 2 weeks ago
- Walker Brothers Funeral Home to hold annual Butterfly ReleasePosted 3 weeks ago
- Ribbons remind to support CourtneyPosted 3 weeks ago
- Hometown Heroes from near and farPosted 3 weeks ago
- Hunter education courses in HolleyPosted 3 weeks ago
- 2015 Kids Special SectionPosted 3 weeks ago
- Village of Spencerport changes refuse containers policyPosted 4 weeks ago
ROPEX Stamp Show May 16-18
The Rochester National Stamp Exhibition, ROPEX 2014, takes place Friday, May 16 through Sunday, May 18 at The Main Street Armory, 900 East Main Street in Rochester. Hours are 11 a.m. – 6 p.m., 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. and 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Admission is $2 per day with free parking across the street. Youth under 18 are free.
The show features 15 dealers from across the northeast selling and buying stamps, albums, collections, postcards and other stamp related items and collectible supplies. There will be items of interest for beginners of all ages through advanced collectors. The United States Postal Service is attending selling the latest stamps and philatelic products. Exhibitors from the U.S., Canada and Australia are presenting competitive displays vying for medals and prizes.
Members of the Rochester Philatelic Association are offering free informal appraisals of items brought in by the public and can offer advice as to the best way to sell them.
The theme this year is “Hot Cars,” in part honoring the 50th anniversary of the iconic Ford Mustang. Commemorative souvenir envelopes depict various worldwide stamp issues showing Mustang, Lotus, Bricklin and Ferrari models with “car part” postmarks.
Youth activities are scheduled at the Youth Booth for Saturday and Sunday. Winners of the 2014 RPA/ROPEX Design-A-Stamp competition will be announced on Sunday at 1 p.m.