- ConServe #1 on Top Workplace listPosted 18 hours ago
- Vroom, Vroom! and Dick Smith Memorial Bike & Safety Rodeo May 2Posted 19 hours ago
- Meet the Brockport board candidates May 4Posted 19 hours ago
- Spring 2015 Community LinkPosted 2 days ago
- Four selected as Orleans Heritage HeroesPosted 1 week ago
- 2015 Spring Home ImprovementPosted 2 weeks ago
- Purple Pony Seeking VolunteersPosted 2 weeks ago
- Hilton Firemen’s Carnival changes dates, expands for 2015Posted 1 month ago
- C-C student receives local VFW Patriot’s Pen awardPosted 1 month ago
Greece Choral Society director retiring
Ralph Zecchino, founding director of the 80 member Greece Choral Society, is retiring after 43 years of service, along with his accompanist wife, Sandy. The Choral Society is under the umbrella of the Greece Performing Arts Society, one of the country’s oldest community-based organizations of its kind. The Greece Symphony, Community Orchestra, Community Band and Jazz Band are also part of GPAS, which has 501(c)3 non-profit status.
The choir currently meets September to May on Monday evenings from 7:15 to 9:30 at Greece Athena High School. Membership is through auditions open to all Monroe County residents with basic choral experience. A minimum of three annual concerts are typically scheduled at Christmas, a fundraiser in mid-winter and in May. Additional performances are booked as they arise. Repertoire ranges from classical to modern Broadway hits.
A list of selection criteria and expectations for applicants for the paid part-time position is available from Karen Walter, 585-235-4017, firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional details can be found on the Choral Society page on the GPAS web site athttp://greeceperformingarts.org/greecechoralsociety/.