- 2014 Apple Fest Award WinnersPosted 1 week ago
- Two Brockport nurses earn top honors at March of Dimes Awards GalaPosted 2 weeks ago
- 2014 Apple Fest PhotosPosted 2 weeks ago
- RPO to perform “Exotic Adventures” concert in BrockportPosted 2 weeks ago
- 2014 Fall HomePosted 3 weeks ago
- Bergen Business and Civic dinner recognizes residents Nov. 1Posted 4 weeks ago
- 2014 Fall Community LinkPosted 1 month ago
- Civil War lectures presented at both GCC Medina and Albion Campus CentersPosted 1 month ago
Greece Choral Society director retiring
Ralph Zecchino, founding director of the 80 member Greece Choral Society, is retiring after 43 years of service, along with his accompanist wife, Sandy. The Choral Society is under the umbrella of the Greece Performing Arts Society, one of the country’s oldest community-based organizations of its kind. The Greece Symphony, Community Orchestra, Community Band and Jazz Band are also part of GPAS, which has 501(c)3 non-profit status.
The choir currently meets September to May on Monday evenings from 7:15 to 9:30 at Greece Athena High School. Membership is through auditions open to all Monroe County residents with basic choral experience. A minimum of three annual concerts are typically scheduled at Christmas, a fundraiser in mid-winter and in May. Additional performances are booked as they arise. Repertoire ranges from classical to modern Broadway hits.
A list of selection criteria and expectations for applicants for the paid part-time position is available from Karen Walter, 585-235-4017, firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional details can be found on the Choral Society page on the GPAS web site athttp://greeceperformingarts.org/greecechoralsociety/.