- New mural depicts Bergen’s HistoryPosted 3 days ago
- Historical artform displayedPosted 3 days ago
- St. Pius X parish rebuilding — literally and spiritually — following firePosted 2 weeks ago
- Hundreds of American flags to honor service providersPosted 2 weeks ago
- Ribbons remind to support CourtneyPosted 3 weeks ago
- Hometown Heroes from near and farPosted 3 weeks ago
- 2015 Kids Special SectionPosted 4 weeks ago
- Village of Spencerport changes refuse containers policyPosted 1 month ago
- Heart patient to start Running ClubPosted 1 month ago
Greece Choral Society director retiring
Ralph Zecchino, founding director of the 80 member Greece Choral Society, is retiring after 43 years of service, along with his accompanist wife, Sandy. The Choral Society is under the umbrella of the Greece Performing Arts Society, one of the country’s oldest community-based organizations of its kind. The Greece Symphony, Community Orchestra, Community Band and Jazz Band are also part of GPAS, which has 501(c)3 non-profit status.
The choir currently meets September to May on Monday evenings from 7:15 to 9:30 at Greece Athena High School. Membership is through auditions open to all Monroe County residents with basic choral experience. A minimum of three annual concerts are typically scheduled at Christmas, a fundraiser in mid-winter and in May. Additional performances are booked as they arise. Repertoire ranges from classical to modern Broadway hits.
A list of selection criteria and expectations for applicants for the paid part-time position is available from Karen Walter, 585-235-4017, email@example.com. Additional details can be found on the Choral Society page on the GPAS web site athttp://greeceperformingarts.org/greecechoralsociety/.