- Over 100 families assisted in Cartons for Christmas OutreachPosted 1 day ago
- 2015 Winter LinkPosted 1 day ago
- Cadets win second consecutive Barnard TourneyPosted 1 day ago
- Public hearing Feb. 5 on Route 531/Washington Street terminus improvementsPosted 1 week ago
- Brockport CSD holds public hearing on Veterans’ Tax Exemption Jan. 27Posted 1 week ago
- Artwork from Parma Public Library’s adult art programs on displayPosted 1 week ago
- Brockport’s “Evening of Jazz” on Feb. 6Posted 1 week ago
- Sweden Town Park outdoor ice rink is openPosted 1 week ago
- Can you help solve these mysteries?Posted 2 weeks ago
- Spencerport Area Chamber of Commerce announces 2014 Award WinnersPosted 3 weeks ago
Greece Choral Society director retiring
Ralph Zecchino, founding director of the 80 member Greece Choral Society, is retiring after 43 years of service, along with his accompanist wife, Sandy. The Choral Society is under the umbrella of the Greece Performing Arts Society, one of the country’s oldest community-based organizations of its kind. The Greece Symphony, Community Orchestra, Community Band and Jazz Band are also part of GPAS, which has 501(c)3 non-profit status.
The choir currently meets September to May on Monday evenings from 7:15 to 9:30 at Greece Athena High School. Membership is through auditions open to all Monroe County residents with basic choral experience. A minimum of three annual concerts are typically scheduled at Christmas, a fundraiser in mid-winter and in May. Additional performances are booked as they arise. Repertoire ranges from classical to modern Broadway hits.
A list of selection criteria and expectations for applicants for the paid part-time position is available from Karen Walter, 585-235-4017, email@example.com. Additional details can be found on the Choral Society page on the GPAS web site athttp://greeceperformingarts.org/greecechoralsociety/.