- 2017 Spring Community LinkPosted 5 days ago
- Village of Holley grows community gardenPosted 5 days ago
- Route 31 bridge replacement project resumesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Bright Raven gymnasts win gold at statesPosted 2 weeks ago
- 2017 Spring Home ImprovementPosted 3 weeks ago
- Volunteer fire departments across New York recruit new membersPosted 3 weeks ago
- Friends of Hamlin Beach State Park host I Love My Park DayPosted 3 weeks ago
- Genesee Country Village & Museum 2017 event calendarPosted 2 months ago
Greece Choral Society director retiring
Ralph Zecchino, founding director of the 80 member Greece Choral Society, is retiring after 43 years of service, along with his accompanist wife, Sandy. The Choral Society is under the umbrella of the Greece Performing Arts Society, one of the country’s oldest community-based organizations of its kind. The Greece Symphony, Community Orchestra, Community Band and Jazz Band are also part of GPAS, which has 501(c)3 non-profit status.
The choir currently meets September to May on Monday evenings from 7:15 to 9:30 at Greece Athena High School. Membership is through auditions open to all Monroe County residents with basic choral experience. A minimum of three annual concerts are typically scheduled at Christmas, a fundraiser in mid-winter and in May. Additional performances are booked as they arise. Repertoire ranges from classical to modern Broadway hits.
A list of selection criteria and expectations for applicants for the paid part-time position is available from Karen Walter, 585-235-4017, firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional details can be found on the Choral Society page on the GPAS web site athttp://greeceperformingarts.org/greecechoralsociety/.