- “Out of the Ashes” – Marking the 50th anniversary of the Western Monroe Historical SocietyPosted 2 weeks ago
- Hilton Firemen’s Carnival changes dates, expands for 2015Posted 2 weeks ago
- C-C student receives local VFW Patriot’s Pen awardPosted 2 weeks ago
- Take a class – “Catch the Gardening Bug” series begins March 25Posted 4 weeks ago
- “Garden Talk” focuses on new plants for 2015Posted 1 month ago
- New High School Equivalency test availablePosted 2 months ago
- GCC offers tax filing helpPosted 2 months ago
- Applications for Preservation League’s Signature Grant Programs due by April 13Posted 2 months ago
2014 Hilton Apple Fest logo chosen
A logo design submitted by Kelly Cologgi was chosen as the winner of the 2014 Hilton Apple Fest Logo Contest, which seeks out a unique new logo to commemorate the fall festival and harvest each year.
Cologgi lives in Greece with her husband, Bill, and has friends and family in Hilton. She has always enjoyed the art of designing things, from interior design and t-shirt design for her family’s MS walking team, to now having designed the logo for a local arts and crafts festival.
Graphic arts and a love for the Hilton Apple Fest propelled Cologgi to enter this year’s logo contest. It’s a tradition she is excited to become a part of.
“There’s a lot of events around Rochester and this is one that is more of a hometown feel, to me, so I like coming here,” she says. “There’s just certain things that you’re like, I gotta get out there – I gotta see it.”
This year will be especially exciting for Cologgi, since the logo she designed will be seen on a variety of souvenirs, from hand spun ceramic coffee mugs, to baseball caps, t-shirts, sweatshirts, and hoodies, all produced by local artisans and businesses.
“What’s not to love,” Cologgi says, adding that the food is one of the many reasons she and her husband come to the Hilton Apple Fest. “Some of the different foods that are here and all the craft vendors that are here – it’s just fun and there’s always something different to see here and you never know what you’re going to find.”
As a token of appreciation, Cathy Carmestro presented Cologgi with a $100 prize and a sweatshirt embroidered with the winning logo on behalf of the Hilton Apple Fest board of directors.
The 34th annual festival will take place Saturday, October 4 from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. and Sunday, October 5 from 10 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Discover more festival tidbits atwww.hiltonapplefest.org.
Provided information and photo