- Child Safety Fair coming to Hamlin Beach State ParkPosted 4 days ago
- Salvatore’s in Spencerport adds Arthur Treacher’s franchisePosted 4 days ago
- Byron-Bergen dancer competes in LondonPosted 4 days ago
- Westside Challenger Baseball closes out its 4th season with Award Ceremony and PicnicPosted 2 weeks ago
- Hilton’s Schwind living the dreamPosted 3 weeks ago
- State appeals court dismisses Monroe County Fair neighbors’ lawsuitPosted 3 weeks ago
- Discover Pinta and Nina in RochesterPosted 3 weeks ago
- Margaret A. McGrath Charitable Foundation awards $63,500 in scholarshipsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Monroe County Fair returns to Northampton ParkPosted 2 months ago
Call for musicians for Brockport Area Community Concert Band Fourth of July Performance
All interested players of concert band instruments, Grade 5 and up, are invited to be a part of the Brockport Area Community Concert Band for a performance at the Morgan-Manning House on July 4 at 11 a.m. Musical selections will be a variety of patriotic music, movie and show themes, popular tunes and light classics. Rehearsals for this group will be Wednesday, July 2 and Thursday, July 3 from 7 to 9 p.m. in the Brockport High School Band room. Everyone with experience on a concert instrument is invited to participate.
Director Shawn Halquist says, “We are hoping to have a large number of performers from our Brockport area to be a part of the homespun festivities at the Morgan Manning House on the Fourth. It is a unique event and the band adds to the atmosphere and excitement. It will be a thrill to have students, parents, grandparents and visitors making music all together that morning.”
Those interested, and/or for more information, contact Shawn Halquist at email@example.com. There are some instruments available for loan for the performance.