- Churchville-Riga Chamber of Commerce announces 2015 community awardsPosted 2 days ago
- Funding available to farmers for water quality protectionPosted 2 days ago
- Hilton CSD seeks nominations for Alumni Hall of FamePosted 2 days ago
- Dissolution an issue again in BrockportPosted 1 week ago
- Holley first and second graders learn about healthy choicesPosted 1 week ago
- Brockport Hill School students win national poetry contestPosted 1 week ago
- Celebrating Black History Month in BrockportPosted 2 weeks ago
- Winter 2016 Community LinkPosted 2 weeks ago
- Churchville-Chili kindergarten classes now open for registrationPosted 4 weeks ago
Call for musicians for Brockport Area Community Concert Band Fourth of July Performance
All interested players of concert band instruments, Grade 5 and up, are invited to be a part of the Brockport Area Community Concert Band for a performance at the Morgan-Manning House on July 4 at 11 a.m. Musical selections will be a variety of patriotic music, movie and show themes, popular tunes and light classics. Rehearsals for this group will be Wednesday, July 2 and Thursday, July 3 from 7 to 9 p.m. in the Brockport High School Band room. Everyone with experience on a concert instrument is invited to participate.
Director Shawn Halquist says, “We are hoping to have a large number of performers from our Brockport area to be a part of the homespun festivities at the Morgan Manning House on the Fourth. It is a unique event and the band adds to the atmosphere and excitement. It will be a thrill to have students, parents, grandparents and visitors making music all together that morning.”
Those interested, and/or for more information, contact Shawn Halquist at firstname.lastname@example.org. There are some instruments available for loan for the performance.