- Local residents prepare for Tournament of Roses paradePosted 3 days ago
- Brockport Festival of Lights ParadePosted 3 days ago
- Western Monroe Historical Society celebrates its Golden Anniversary in 2015Posted 3 days ago
- New way to dispose of electronic appliancesPosted 1 week ago
- Fall college sports honorsPosted 1 week ago
- Hilton CSD Athletic Hall of Fame to induct five new members Dec. 29Posted 1 week ago
- 2014 Gift GuidePosted 1 week ago
- American Red Cross offers free Citizen Preparedness Corps training in OgdenPosted 2 weeks ago
- Celebrate Agriculture dinner tickets on salePosted 3 weeks ago
- 2014 Home for the HolidaysPosted 3 weeks ago
Call for musicians for Brockport Area Community Concert Band Fourth of July Performance
All interested players of concert band instruments, Grade 5 and up, are invited to be a part of the Brockport Area Community Concert Band for a performance at the Morgan-Manning House on July 4 at 11 a.m. Musical selections will be a variety of patriotic music, movie and show themes, popular tunes and light classics. Rehearsals for this group will be Wednesday, July 2 and Thursday, July 3 from 7 to 9 p.m. in the Brockport High School Band room. Everyone with experience on a concert instrument is invited to participate.
Director Shawn Halquist says, “We are hoping to have a large number of performers from our Brockport area to be a part of the homespun festivities at the Morgan Manning House on the Fourth. It is a unique event and the band adds to the atmosphere and excitement. It will be a thrill to have students, parents, grandparents and visitors making music all together that morning.”
Those interested, and/or for more information, contact Shawn Halquist at firstname.lastname@example.org. There are some instruments available for loan for the performance.