- Westside Challenger Baseball closes out its 4th season with Award Ceremony and PicnicPosted 21 hours ago
- 2014 Canal Days Special SectionPosted 21 hours ago
- Hilton’s Schwind living the dreamPosted 1 week ago
- State appeals court dismisses Monroe County Fair neighbors’ lawsuitPosted 1 week ago
- Discover Pinta and Nina in RochesterPosted 1 week ago
- Margaret A. McGrath Charitable Foundation awards $63,500 in scholarshipsPosted 2 weeks ago
- 115 Years of Hilton High School graduationsPosted 3 weeks ago
- Monroe County Fair returns to Northampton ParkPosted 1 month ago
- Gardens with Japanese elementsPosted 2 months ago
- 2014 Summer GuidePosted 2 months ago
Poster Contest winners chosen
Fourth graders in the Fred W. Hill School took part in a poster contest as part of the Low Bridge High Water Festival held in early May. The students study New York State history, and they were asked to draw posters depicting the history and/or use of the Erie Canal over the years.
Winners of the poster contest were: first place Alexis Potter, second place Raven Autumn Hartman, third place Samantha Mazzarella, honorable mentions, Jasmyn Miller, Paige Elliot, and Gianna Tribotte.
First, second, and third place winners were given gift certificates to the Lift Bridge Book Shop donated by the Walk, Bike, Brockport Action Group. All winners were given framed, signed prints by local artist Helen Smagorinsky. Winning powers were displayed in A Different Path Gallery. The 68 other entered posters were displayed in the windows of the following merchants: Adore Hair Studio, Country Treasures, Fast Buck Fanny’s, Bittersweet, The Red Bird Tea Shoppe, Lift Bridge Book Shop, Java Junction, The Stewart Agency, Bicycle Outfitters, Arjuna Florist, Jimmy Z’s, BeBe Mills and at the Village Hall.
This year’s first place poster will be used to advertise next year’s Low Bridge High Water event.
Provided information and photo