- Tender Loving Family Care opens family home for adultsPosted 16 hours ago
- Mail fraud charges under investigationPosted 16 hours ago
- Master Gardeners in three counties hold fall eventsPosted 16 hours ago
- Hamlin soccer coach brings three decades of experience to the fieldPosted 16 hours ago
- Roberts Wesleyan fall previewsPosted 16 hours ago
- Love of lotus leads to presentation in ChinaPosted 1 week ago
- Annual Peddlers Market in Brockport September 8Posted 1 week ago
- Strong West Emergency Department opens in BrockportPosted 1 week ago
- The College at Brockport fall sports previewsPosted 1 week ago
- Bad Apples features unique twists on good foodPosted 2 weeks ago
Poster Contest winners chosen
Fourth graders in the Fred W. Hill School took part in a poster contest as part of the Low Bridge High Water Festival held in early May. The students study New York State history, and they were asked to draw posters depicting the history and/or use of the Erie Canal over the years.
Winners of the poster contest were: first place Alexis Potter, second place Raven Autumn Hartman, third place Samantha Mazzarella, honorable mentions, Jasmyn Miller, Paige Elliot, and Gianna Tribotte.
First, second, and third place winners were given gift certificates to the Lift Bridge Book Shop donated by the Walk, Bike, Brockport Action Group. All winners were given framed, signed prints by local artist Helen Smagorinsky. Winning powers were displayed in A Different Path Gallery. The 68 other entered posters were displayed in the windows of the following merchants: Adore Hair Studio, Country Treasures, Fast Buck Fanny’s, Bittersweet, The Red Bird Tea Shoppe, Lift Bridge Book Shop, Java Junction, The Stewart Agency, Bicycle Outfitters, Arjuna Florist, Jimmy Z’s, BeBe Mills and at the Village Hall.
This year’s first place poster will be used to advertise next year’s Low Bridge High Water event.
Provided information and photo