- Genesee Country Village & Museum 2017 event calendarPosted 5 days ago
- Buy and sell at the Hilton Community Indoor Flea MarketPosted 5 days ago
- Save the date for Kendall’s “Community Read” eventPosted 5 days ago
- Brockport, Byron-Bergen win Section V wrestling titlesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Resurfacing of Lake Ontario State Parkway planned for this summerPosted 3 weeks ago
- GCC time capsule seeking submissionsPosted 3 weeks ago
- Rangers hockey wins third straightPosted 3 weeks ago
- Gates Chili Chamber to hold State of the TownsPosted 4 weeks ago
Poster Contest winners chosen
Fourth graders in the Fred W. Hill School took part in a poster contest as part of the Low Bridge High Water Festival held in early May. The students study New York State history, and they were asked to draw posters depicting the history and/or use of the Erie Canal over the years.
Winners of the poster contest were: first place Alexis Potter, second place Raven Autumn Hartman, third place Samantha Mazzarella, honorable mentions, Jasmyn Miller, Paige Elliot, and Gianna Tribotte.
First, second, and third place winners were given gift certificates to the Lift Bridge Book Shop donated by the Walk, Bike, Brockport Action Group. All winners were given framed, signed prints by local artist Helen Smagorinsky. Winning powers were displayed in A Different Path Gallery. The 68 other entered posters were displayed in the windows of the following merchants: Adore Hair Studio, Country Treasures, Fast Buck Fanny’s, Bittersweet, The Red Bird Tea Shoppe, Lift Bridge Book Shop, Java Junction, The Stewart Agency, Bicycle Outfitters, Arjuna Florist, Jimmy Z’s, BeBe Mills and at the Village Hall.
This year’s first place poster will be used to advertise next year’s Low Bridge High Water event.
Provided information and photo