- Concert benefits Brockport Ecumenical Food ShelfPosted 1 day ago
- Four selected as Orleans Heritage HeroesPosted 1 day ago
- 2015 Spring Home ImprovementPosted 5 days ago
- Purple Pony Seeking VolunteersPosted 5 days ago
- Reforesting Island Cottage Woods – A Volunteer OpportunityPosted 3 weeks ago
- 27th Annual Braddock Bay Raptor Research “Bird of Prey Days”Posted 3 weeks ago
- 2015 Spring Showcase of BusinessPosted 3 weeks ago
- Area resource helps collect medical infoPosted 3 weeks ago
- C-C’s Ryan named Player of the YearPosted 3 weeks ago
- Hilton Firemen’s Carnival changes dates, expands for 2015Posted 1 month ago
Poster Contest winners chosen
Fourth graders in the Fred W. Hill School took part in a poster contest as part of the Low Bridge High Water Festival held in early May. The students study New York State history, and they were asked to draw posters depicting the history and/or use of the Erie Canal over the years.
Winners of the poster contest were: first place Alexis Potter, second place Raven Autumn Hartman, third place Samantha Mazzarella, honorable mentions, Jasmyn Miller, Paige Elliot, and Gianna Tribotte.
First, second, and third place winners were given gift certificates to the Lift Bridge Book Shop donated by the Walk, Bike, Brockport Action Group. All winners were given framed, signed prints by local artist Helen Smagorinsky. Winning powers were displayed in A Different Path Gallery. The 68 other entered posters were displayed in the windows of the following merchants: Adore Hair Studio, Country Treasures, Fast Buck Fanny’s, Bittersweet, The Red Bird Tea Shoppe, Lift Bridge Book Shop, Java Junction, The Stewart Agency, Bicycle Outfitters, Arjuna Florist, Jimmy Z’s, BeBe Mills and at the Village Hall.
This year’s first place poster will be used to advertise next year’s Low Bridge High Water event.
Provided information and photo