- Churchville-Riga Chamber of Commerce announces 2015 community awardsPosted 3 days ago
- Funding available to farmers for water quality protectionPosted 3 days ago
- Hilton CSD seeks nominations for Alumni Hall of FamePosted 3 days ago
- Dissolution an issue again in BrockportPosted 1 week ago
- Holley first and second graders learn about healthy choicesPosted 1 week ago
- Brockport Hill School students win national poetry contestPosted 1 week ago
- Celebrating Black History Month in BrockportPosted 2 weeks ago
- Winter 2016 Community LinkPosted 2 weeks ago
- Churchville-Chili kindergarten classes now open for registrationPosted 4 weeks ago
Cruise on over to the annual Canal Days Car Show
Get your prized set of wheels polished and ready to go for the 2014 Canal Days Car Show. This annual event will be held rain or shine on Saturday, July 26 at the Ferris Goodridge American Legion Post 330 located at 691 Trimmer Road in Spencerport. Registration is from 9 a.m. until noon and costs $15 per vehicle. Dash plaques will be presented to the first 200 vehicles registered.
This is a judged show; awards will be presented to the top 50 cars along with 16 specialty trophies. The awards ceremony will begin at 3 p.m.
This year’s show takes place in a new location.
“Last year, we were notified by the Town of Ogden (Parks and Recreation) that we might not be able to use Pineway Ponds Park. This year, we wanted to guarantee a place for the show and we needed to find a new location that could meet our needs. After researching different locations, we approached the American Legion who gave us approval. The Car Show Committee agreed that is the best location for us,” said John Krywy, Canal Days Car Show Chairperson.
This is a popular show with area car enthusiasts. Last year’s show drew almost 300 cars.
“We even had an entry from Hamilton, Canada,” Krywy said.
Admission is free and this show is open to the public. The Canal Days Shuttle Bus service will make a stop at the Car Show and transport festival-goers from the Car Show to the main Canal Days areas on Union Street and the Firemen’s Field.
More information regarding the Car Show is available on the Canal Days website at www.spencerportcanaldays.com.