- Genesee Country Village & Museum 2017 event calendarPosted 44 mins ago
- Buy and sell at the Hilton Community Indoor Flea MarketPosted 46 mins ago
- Save the date for Kendall’s “Community Read” eventPosted 1 hour ago
- Brockport, Byron-Bergen win Section V wrestling titlesPosted 1 week ago
- Resurfacing of Lake Ontario State Parkway planned for this summerPosted 2 weeks ago
- GCC time capsule seeking submissionsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Rangers hockey wins third straightPosted 2 weeks ago
- Gates Chili Chamber to hold State of the TownsPosted 3 weeks ago
Making summer music
Generation Cool’s fifth Cool Kids presentation this summer, Mama Earth’s Kitchen Band Show, was a huge hit with youngsters on July 11.
Sagawa Park in Brockport was filled with children and adults who came to listen, dance, participate and enjoy a summer evening.
Sue Rogler, from Lancaster, NY, presented and involved the audience in her “green” program of fun for parents and their little ones. Many entertaining songs provided opportunities for the children to accompany her on various sound-making instruments, using sticks and pans and all kinds of rudimentary utensils. It was great fun for young and old.
The program was co-sponsored by BISCO and the Brockport Merchant’s Association.
Photographs by Walter Horylev