- Summer Guide 2016Posted 1 week ago
- Black Creek watersPosted 1 week ago
- Annual Brockport Central School District Art show opens May 23Posted 1 week ago
- Winners announced for annual Erie Canal Poster ContestPosted 2 weeks ago
- Share the beauty of community with a Fresh Air childPosted 2 weeks ago
- Rochester Press-Radio Club announces Day of Champions Award winnersPosted 2 weeks ago
- 2016 Home and GardenPosted 3 weeks ago
- Brockport sets date for Dissolution VotePosted 3 months ago
Making summer music
Generation Cool’s fifth Cool Kids presentation this summer, Mama Earth’s Kitchen Band Show, was a huge hit with youngsters on July 11.
Sagawa Park in Brockport was filled with children and adults who came to listen, dance, participate and enjoy a summer evening.
Sue Rogler, from Lancaster, NY, presented and involved the audience in her “green” program of fun for parents and their little ones. Many entertaining songs provided opportunities for the children to accompany her on various sound-making instruments, using sticks and pans and all kinds of rudimentary utensils. It was great fun for young and old.
The program was co-sponsored by BISCO and the Brockport Merchant’s Association.
Photographs by Walter Horylev