- GCC welcomes homeschool students and families to information and orientation sessionPosted 3 weeks ago
- 2017 First Responder TributePosted 4 weeks ago
- Brockport CSD receives universal pre-kindergarten grantPosted 4 weeks ago
- Brockport gymnasts rank secondPosted 4 weeks ago
- Genesee Country Village & Museum 2017 event calendarPosted 1 month ago
- Buy and sell at the Hilton Community Indoor Flea MarketPosted 1 month ago
- Save the date for Kendall’s “Community Read” eventPosted 1 month ago
Making summer music
Generation Cool’s fifth Cool Kids presentation this summer, Mama Earth’s Kitchen Band Show, was a huge hit with youngsters on July 11.
Sagawa Park in Brockport was filled with children and adults who came to listen, dance, participate and enjoy a summer evening.
Sue Rogler, from Lancaster, NY, presented and involved the audience in her “green” program of fun for parents and their little ones. Many entertaining songs provided opportunities for the children to accompany her on various sound-making instruments, using sticks and pans and all kinds of rudimentary utensils. It was great fun for young and old.
The program was co-sponsored by BISCO and the Brockport Merchant’s Association.
Photographs by Walter Horylev