- Graduation 2016Posted 3 days ago
- Mill Creek Golf Club holds ribbon cuttingPosted 3 days ago
- Get ready to read this summerPosted 3 days ago
- Business AlmanacPosted 1 week ago
- Red Jug Pub to locate in BrockportPosted 1 week ago
- Spencerport business owner receives Founders AwardPosted 1 week ago
- Hilton-Parma Gazebo Band to launch 33rd Concert SeasonPosted 2 weeks ago
- UMC opens annual farmers’ marketPosted 2 weeks ago
- Historical items on displayPosted 3 weeks ago
- 2016 Summer Community LinkPosted 4 weeks ago
Making summer music
Generation Cool’s fifth Cool Kids presentation this summer, Mama Earth’s Kitchen Band Show, was a huge hit with youngsters on July 11.
Sagawa Park in Brockport was filled with children and adults who came to listen, dance, participate and enjoy a summer evening.
Sue Rogler, from Lancaster, NY, presented and involved the audience in her “green” program of fun for parents and their little ones. Many entertaining songs provided opportunities for the children to accompany her on various sound-making instruments, using sticks and pans and all kinds of rudimentary utensils. It was great fun for young and old.
The program was co-sponsored by BISCO and the Brockport Merchant’s Association.
Photographs by Walter Horylev