- Reforesting Island Cottage Woods – A Volunteer OpportunityPosted 1 day ago
- 27th Annual Braddock Bay Raptor Research “Bird of Prey Days”Posted 1 day ago
- 2015 Spring Showcase of BusinessPosted 2 days ago
- Area resource helps collect medical infoPosted 2 days ago
- C-C’s Ryan named Player of the YearPosted 2 days ago
- “Out of the Ashes” – Marking the 50th anniversary of the Western Monroe Historical SocietyPosted 2 weeks ago
- Hilton Firemen’s Carnival changes dates, expands for 2015Posted 2 weeks ago
- C-C student receives local VFW Patriot’s Pen awardPosted 2 weeks ago
- Take a class – “Catch the Gardening Bug” series begins March 25Posted 1 month ago
- “Garden Talk” focuses on new plants for 2015Posted 1 month ago
Making summer music
Generation Cool’s fifth Cool Kids presentation this summer, Mama Earth’s Kitchen Band Show, was a huge hit with youngsters on July 11.
Sagawa Park in Brockport was filled with children and adults who came to listen, dance, participate and enjoy a summer evening.
Sue Rogler, from Lancaster, NY, presented and involved the audience in her “green” program of fun for parents and their little ones. Many entertaining songs provided opportunities for the children to accompany her on various sound-making instruments, using sticks and pans and all kinds of rudimentary utensils. It was great fun for young and old.
The program was co-sponsored by BISCO and the Brockport Merchant’s Association.
Photographs by Walter Horylev