- Churchville-Riga Chamber of Commerce announces 2015 community awardsPosted 2 days ago
- Funding available to farmers for water quality protectionPosted 2 days ago
- Hilton CSD seeks nominations for Alumni Hall of FamePosted 2 days ago
- Dissolution an issue again in BrockportPosted 1 week ago
- Holley first and second graders learn about healthy choicesPosted 1 week ago
- Brockport Hill School students win national poetry contestPosted 1 week ago
- Celebrating Black History Month in BrockportPosted 2 weeks ago
- Winter 2016 Community LinkPosted 2 weeks ago
- Churchville-Chili kindergarten classes now open for registrationPosted 3 weeks ago
BISCO – a valuable community organization
Some say that many hands make light work and the organization called BISCO is a true example of this philosophy. BISCO is the acronym for Brockport Integrated Service Community Organization. Each year this group organizes and hosts the Brockport Arts Festival, which brings tens of thousands of visitors to the Brockport area. This organization is a collaboration of about 12 community groups and agencies that are located in the Brockport area. According to its website, BISCO’s main focus is supporting projects that benefit children in the western towns of Monroe County.
Art Appleby is the BISCO President and Chairman of the Brockport Arts Festival. He describes this group as a valued and respected organization.
“The BISCO membership consists of folks from many different groups. BISCO is the sole sponsor of the Brockport Arts Festival. This group has been established since the early ,90s. We have funded the purchase of playground equipment at two area parks, computers and furniture for Seymour Library, equipment for the Brockport Fire Department are just a few of long list of projects we have supported,” he said. “BISCO has raised over $250,000 in the last 20 years.”