- Spencerport hosts Teike Bernabi Wrestling Tournament Dec. 29-30Posted 4 days ago
- Local residents prepare for Tournament of Roses paradePosted 2 weeks ago
- Brockport Festival of Lights ParadePosted 2 weeks ago
- Western Monroe Historical Society celebrates its Golden Anniversary in 2015Posted 2 weeks ago
- New way to dispose of electronic appliancesPosted 3 weeks ago
- Hilton CSD Athletic Hall of Fame to induct five new members Dec. 29Posted 3 weeks ago
- 2014 Gift GuidePosted 3 weeks ago
- American Red Cross offers free Citizen Preparedness Corps training in OgdenPosted 4 weeks ago
- Celebrate Agriculture dinner tickets on salePosted 1 month ago
- 2014 Home for the HolidaysPosted 1 month ago
BISCO – a valuable community organization
Some say that many hands make light work and the organization called BISCO is a true example of this philosophy. BISCO is the acronym for Brockport Integrated Service Community Organization. Each year this group organizes and hosts the Brockport Arts Festival, which brings tens of thousands of visitors to the Brockport area. This organization is a collaboration of about 12 community groups and agencies that are located in the Brockport area. According to its website, BISCO’s main focus is supporting projects that benefit children in the western towns of Monroe County.
Art Appleby is the BISCO President and Chairman of the Brockport Arts Festival. He describes this group as a valued and respected organization.
“The BISCO membership consists of folks from many different groups. BISCO is the sole sponsor of the Brockport Arts Festival. This group has been established since the early ,90s. We have funded the purchase of playground equipment at two area parks, computers and furniture for Seymour Library, equipment for the Brockport Fire Department are just a few of long list of projects we have supported,” he said. “BISCO has raised over $250,000 in the last 20 years.”