- 2015 Home for the HolidaysPosted 2 days ago
- Hilton CSD residents to vote on Capital Project propositionPosted 2 days ago
- Hilton-Parma Gazebo band to present Christmas concertsPosted 2 days ago
- Spencerport announces Scholar Athlete AwardsPosted 2 days ago
- 2015 Holiday Edition Community LinkPosted 1 week ago
- Long time Parma resident participates in Honor FlightPosted 1 week ago
- Brockport wins first football titlePosted 1 week ago
- Town of Riga will have new leadershipPosted 2 weeks ago
- Make a Difference – Pack the Bus!Posted 3 weeks ago
- 2015 Business FocusPosted 4 weeks ago
Brockport United Methodist Church appoints new pastor
A former student and staff member at The College at Brockport, Pastor Meg Morin has returned to Brockport to lead the Brockport United Methodist Church. She previously served at the Ionia United Methodist Church in Ontario County.
Brockport has a special place in her heart. She attended college in the late 1960s and was very active on the Brockport campus.
She feels Brockport is a “gold mine of gems for evangelism” that needs to be mined. She is looking forward to growing the congregation and creating more Disciples of Christ.
Pastor Meg studied education and spent a few early years in traditional teaching positions, but soon found she was blessed with gifts to teach and counsel youth and young adults for whom traditional educational structures did not work. She spent 29 years as a learning specialist for HSE/GED and pre-college programs for educationally or economically disadvantaged teens and adults through SUNY, including at Brockport. She has also touched the lives of many suffering from drug/alcohol addictions.
The highlights of both her teaching career and her call to ministry has been the blessing of being a source of love and hope to those who are left alone, left out, or have fallen down for a time.
Pastor Meg has five grown children, who live in the area. She says moving closer to her children and grandchildren is a blessing.
Worship services take place on Sundays at 9:30 a.m. For information about the church visit www.brockport-umc.org.