- ConServe #1 on Top Workplace listPosted 8 hours ago
- Vroom, Vroom! and Dick Smith Memorial Bike & Safety Rodeo May 2Posted 9 hours ago
- Meet the Brockport board candidates May 4Posted 9 hours ago
- Spring 2015 Community LinkPosted 2 days ago
- Four selected as Orleans Heritage HeroesPosted 1 week ago
- 2015 Spring Home ImprovementPosted 2 weeks ago
- Purple Pony Seeking VolunteersPosted 2 weeks ago
- Hilton Firemen’s Carnival changes dates, expands for 2015Posted 1 month ago
- C-C student receives local VFW Patriot’s Pen awardPosted 1 month ago
Brockport United Methodist Church appoints new pastor
A former student and staff member at The College at Brockport, Pastor Meg Morin has returned to Brockport to lead the Brockport United Methodist Church. She previously served at the Ionia United Methodist Church in Ontario County.
Brockport has a special place in her heart. She attended college in the late 1960s and was very active on the Brockport campus.
She feels Brockport is a “gold mine of gems for evangelism” that needs to be mined. She is looking forward to growing the congregation and creating more Disciples of Christ.
Pastor Meg studied education and spent a few early years in traditional teaching positions, but soon found she was blessed with gifts to teach and counsel youth and young adults for whom traditional educational structures did not work. She spent 29 years as a learning specialist for HSE/GED and pre-college programs for educationally or economically disadvantaged teens and adults through SUNY, including at Brockport. She has also touched the lives of many suffering from drug/alcohol addictions.
The highlights of both her teaching career and her call to ministry has been the blessing of being a source of love and hope to those who are left alone, left out, or have fallen down for a time.
Pastor Meg has five grown children, who live in the area. She says moving closer to her children and grandchildren is a blessing.
Worship services take place on Sundays at 9:30 a.m. For information about the church visit www.brockport-umc.org.