- 2016 Monroe County Fair is just around the cornerPosted 4 days ago
- BRIDGE NY funds help counties fix more bridgesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Volunteers meet to beautify Main StreetPosted 4 weeks ago
- Graduation 2016Posted 1 month ago
- Get ready to read this summerPosted 1 month ago
- Red Jug Pub to locate in BrockportPosted 1 month ago
- Spencerport business owner receives Founders AwardPosted 1 month ago
- Summer Guide 2016Posted 2 months ago
Zoo and Bergen Swamp Preservation Society presents swamp’s unique features
Residents in Genesee County and surrounding areas know the Bergen Swamp is a special place. But how many have actually seen some of the swamp’s most famous denizens? Now’s your chance.
At 7 p.m. on Friday, August 22, the Seneca Park Zoo and Bergen Swamp Preservation Society will hold an Endangered Species ‘Meet and Greet’ at the Gillam Grant Community Center.
Meet some of these fascinating animals with Zoo herpetologists. Learn about the natural history of the Eastern Massasauga rattlesnake, among other reptile species found in the swamp, as well as what to do if you encounter one. Bergen Swamp Preservation Society trustees will also be on hand to answer any questions about the swamp’s special flora, fauna and geology.
The Gillam Grant Community Center is located at 6966 West Bergen Road in Bergen.
Photos by John Adamski