- GCC welcomes homeschool students and families to information and orientation sessionPosted 3 weeks ago
- 2017 First Responder TributePosted 1 month ago
- Brockport CSD receives universal pre-kindergarten grantPosted 1 month ago
- Brockport gymnasts rank secondPosted 1 month ago
- Genesee Country Village & Museum 2017 event calendarPosted 1 month ago
- Buy and sell at the Hilton Community Indoor Flea MarketPosted 1 month ago
- Save the date for Kendall’s “Community Read” eventPosted 1 month ago
Spencerport Community Chorus and Brockport Symphony Orchestra present “Voices of Red, White & Blue”
The Spencerport Community Chorus and the Brockport Symphony Orchestra join forces to present “Voices of Red, White & Blue” in a special concert weekend. The two westside performances will take place Saturday, March 25 at 7 p.m. at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, 14 State Street in Brockport and Sunday, March 26 at 3 p.m. at the Cosgrove Middle School Performing Arts Center Auditorium, 2749 Spencerport Road in Spencerport.
Admission and parking are free, with a $5 suggested donation gratefully accepted at the door. Canned items for the Brockport Ecumenical Food Shelf will also be collected at the Saturday night performance at St. Luke’s.
Directed by Darla Bair and Jonathan Allentoff, the concerts will showcase WXXI’s Classical 91.5 Host Brenda Tremblay as narrator, along with the talents of collaborative pianist Sally Martin and special guests from the Amadeus Chorale. The program will highlight the masterpieces written by American composers, including popular favorites from Broadway and Hollywood, classic patriotic songs, and hidden musical gems from the Great American Songbook.
There will be a complimentary dessert reception following the performances.
This project is made possible with funds from the Decentralization Program, a regrant program of the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew Cuomo and the New York State Legislature and administered by the Genesee Valley Council on the Arts at the Livingston Arts Center, a member supported organization.
For additional information, visit www.brockportsymphony.org.