- GCC welcomes homeschool students and families to information and orientation sessionPosted 3 weeks ago
- 2017 First Responder TributePosted 1 month ago
- Brockport CSD receives universal pre-kindergarten grantPosted 1 month ago
- Brockport gymnasts rank secondPosted 1 month ago
- Genesee Country Village & Museum 2017 event calendarPosted 1 month ago
- Buy and sell at the Hilton Community Indoor Flea MarketPosted 1 month ago
- Save the date for Kendall’s “Community Read” eventPosted 1 month ago
Tops Friendly Markets partners with Boy Scouts of America to help those in need
Tops Friendly Markets, a leading full-service grocery retailer, is pleased to once again team up with the Boy Scouts of America for their annual “Good Turn for America” event. On March 18 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Tops will collect nonperishable food and health and beauty items at 23 area Tops locations throughout Rochester in order to help those in need in the community. Nearly 60 local food pantries will benefit from this day of giving.
“We are proud to assist the Boy Scouts in their community service project,” said Tops Friendly Markets store manager, Craig Warner. “One of our company’s key community citizenship missions is to assist not-for-profit agencies who are helping to eradicate hunger and this project aligns perfectly with our mission.”
The food and grocery items collected on Saturday will be donated by the Boy Scouts to local food pantries, soup kitchens, and Foodlink. For more information about this event, contact Tops Friendly Markets at 716-635-5000.
Local Tops locations accepting donations: 2345 Buffalo Road, Rochester; 1800 Lake Road, Hamlin; 98 South Avenue, Hilton and 27 Slayton Avenue, Spencerport.