- 2014 Apple Fest Award WinnersPosted 1 week ago
- Two Brockport nurses earn top honors at March of Dimes Awards GalaPosted 2 weeks ago
- 2014 Apple Fest PhotosPosted 2 weeks ago
- RPO to perform “Exotic Adventures” concert in BrockportPosted 2 weeks ago
- 2014 Fall HomePosted 3 weeks ago
- Bergen Business and Civic dinner recognizes residents Nov. 1Posted 4 weeks ago
- 2014 Fall Community LinkPosted 1 month ago
- Civil War lectures presented at both GCC Medina and Albion Campus CentersPosted 1 month ago
Byron-Bergen students inducted into Junior National Honor Society
Twenty-seven students from Byron-Bergen Jr./Sr. High School were inducted as new members of the National Junior Honor Society (NJHS) in a ceremony held at Byron-Bergen Jr./Sr. High School, March 6.
The inductees were selected based on the high standards of scholarship, citizenship, service, leadership, and character.
The guest speaker for the induction ceremony was Byron-Bergen Teacher Elizabeth Findlay, who focused on character, and specifically the traits of honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring, as she spoke to the new inductees. “Our character is much more than just what we try to display for others to see,” she told students during her speech. “It is who we are even when no one is watching. Good character is doing the right thing, because it is right to do what is right.”
The students inducted into membership are:
•Seventh Graders – Larissa Ashton, Catherine Brumsted, Lauren Burke, Jacob Burlingame, Quinn Chapell, Jean Denson, Morgan Fuller, Margaret Graney, Hayley Hoehn, Brian Ireland, Daniel Jensen, Nathan Knickerbocker, Melanie Kulikowski, Peyton Mackey, Julia Menzie, Lily Mercovich, Makenzie Muoio, Joshua Phelps, Riley Sadler, Leah Thompson, Dana VanValkenburg.
•8th Graders – Kerri Bates, Grace Campbell, Celia Mercovich, Brittany Rada, Mary Sweeney, Michael Zwerka.