- New business hosts Open HousePosted 4 days ago
- Brockport Bowl has new owners, major renovations scheduledPosted 4 days ago
- Heritage Day in Spencerport July 11Posted 4 days ago
- 2015 GraduationPosted 5 days ago
- 2015 Summer Community LinkPosted 2 weeks ago
- Business AlmanacPosted 2 weeks ago
- Team effort will yield community gardenPosted 4 weeks ago
- Hamlin Recreation recognizedPosted 2 months ago
- 2015 Summer GuidePosted 2 months ago
Incumbent Kenney projected winner in June 17 election
Holley Mayor John W. Kenney, Jr. is the projected winner in that village’s elections held Tuesday, June 17.
According to village officials, Kenney received 174 votes to challenger Trustee Stanley “Skip” Carpenter’s 142 votes.
Two new trustees were elected to open seats. Connie Nenni, who received 165 votes, and Kevin Lynch who received 126 votes, are the projected winners. Incumbent David Dill received 90 votes, incumbent Donald Penna received 101 votes and newcomer Shawn O’Mara received 95 votes.
Elections were held at the Village Clerk’s Office which lost power in severe thunderstorms late in polling. The polls stayed open, however, and officials say residents continued to vote as emergency back-up lighting came on. The village continues to use paper ballots and not voting machines which also facilitated the completion of voting.