- GCC welcomes homeschool students and families to information and orientation sessionPosted 3 weeks ago
- 2017 First Responder TributePosted 4 weeks ago
- Brockport CSD receives universal pre-kindergarten grantPosted 4 weeks ago
- Brockport gymnasts rank secondPosted 4 weeks ago
- Genesee Country Village & Museum 2017 event calendarPosted 1 month ago
- Buy and sell at the Hilton Community Indoor Flea MarketPosted 1 month ago
- Save the date for Kendall’s “Community Read” eventPosted 1 month ago
Incumbent Kenney projected winner in June 17 election
Holley Mayor John W. Kenney, Jr. is the projected winner in that village’s elections held Tuesday, June 17.
According to village officials, Kenney received 174 votes to challenger Trustee Stanley “Skip” Carpenter’s 142 votes.
Two new trustees were elected to open seats. Connie Nenni, who received 165 votes, and Kevin Lynch who received 126 votes, are the projected winners. Incumbent David Dill received 90 votes, incumbent Donald Penna received 101 votes and newcomer Shawn O’Mara received 95 votes.
Elections were held at the Village Clerk’s Office which lost power in severe thunderstorms late in polling. The polls stayed open, however, and officials say residents continued to vote as emergency back-up lighting came on. The village continues to use paper ballots and not voting machines which also facilitated the completion of voting.