- 2016 Monroe County Fair is just around the cornerPosted 6 days ago
- BRIDGE NY funds help counties fix more bridgesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Volunteers meet to beautify Main StreetPosted 4 weeks ago
- Graduation 2016Posted 1 month ago
- Get ready to read this summerPosted 1 month ago
- Red Jug Pub to locate in BrockportPosted 1 month ago
- Spencerport business owner receives Founders AwardPosted 1 month ago
- Summer Guide 2016Posted 2 months ago
Grand Opening of the Emily L. Knapp Museum on July 5
The Emily L. Knapp Museum at 49 State Street in Brockport has been revitalized by a team of volunteers recently completing their work over 18 months. The collection has been sorted and arranged, documents filed away, and attractive displays reveal the rich history of Brockport. The museum is regularly open on Wednesdays from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. A special Grand Opening will be held on Saturday, July 5, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. as part of the Old Home Week segment of the Town of Sweden’s 200th anniversary celebration.
Between 9 a.m. and noon some historic personalities will greet visitors in period dress: James Seymour (Ron White), Helen Seymour Sylvester (Sue Savard), Helen Hastings (Mary Lynn Turner), Jimmy Costigan (Skip Perry), Harold Gardner Dobson (Bill Nielsen), Dr. Kenneth Wayne Moore (Joe Quaranto), Leah Covell (Marion Dilger), Hosea Covell, (Scott Galliford), Visiting Violinist (Nancy Rhodes). Punch will be served, plus cookies taken from recipes of old cookbooks found in the museum. All are invited to attend free of charge.