- Spring 2015 Community LinkPosted 1 day ago
- Find out more about Birds of Prey during events at Braddock Bay April 24-26Posted 5 days ago
- Four selected as Orleans Heritage HeroesPosted 1 week ago
- 2015 Spring Home ImprovementPosted 1 week ago
- Purple Pony Seeking VolunteersPosted 1 week ago
- Reforesting Island Cottage Woods – A Volunteer OpportunityPosted 4 weeks ago
- Hilton Firemen’s Carnival changes dates, expands for 2015Posted 1 month ago
- C-C student receives local VFW Patriot’s Pen awardPosted 1 month ago
Grand Opening of the Emily L. Knapp Museum on July 5
The Emily L. Knapp Museum at 49 State Street in Brockport has been revitalized by a team of volunteers recently completing their work over 18 months. The collection has been sorted and arranged, documents filed away, and attractive displays reveal the rich history of Brockport. The museum is regularly open on Wednesdays from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. A special Grand Opening will be held on Saturday, July 5, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. as part of the Old Home Week segment of the Town of Sweden’s 200th anniversary celebration.
Between 9 a.m. and noon some historic personalities will greet visitors in period dress: James Seymour (Ron White), Helen Seymour Sylvester (Sue Savard), Helen Hastings (Mary Lynn Turner), Jimmy Costigan (Skip Perry), Harold Gardner Dobson (Bill Nielsen), Dr. Kenneth Wayne Moore (Joe Quaranto), Leah Covell (Marion Dilger), Hosea Covell, (Scott Galliford), Visiting Violinist (Nancy Rhodes). Punch will be served, plus cookies taken from recipes of old cookbooks found in the museum. All are invited to attend free of charge.