- St. Pius X parish rebuilding — literally and spiritually — following firePosted 2 weeks ago
- Hundreds of American flags to honor service providersPosted 2 weeks ago
- Entries for Erie Canalway Photo Contest due by August 28Posted 2 weeks ago
- “Back to School Fun Day” coming August 22Posted 2 weeks ago
- Walker Brothers Funeral Home to hold annual Butterfly ReleasePosted 3 weeks ago
- Ribbons remind to support CourtneyPosted 3 weeks ago
- Hometown Heroes from near and farPosted 3 weeks ago
- Hunter education courses in HolleyPosted 3 weeks ago
- 2015 Kids Special SectionPosted 3 weeks ago
- Village of Spencerport changes refuse containers policyPosted 4 weeks ago
Child Safety Fair coming to Hamlin Beach State Park
Hamlin Beach State Park will host a child safety fair on Saturday, August 2 from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. in area #2 near the Park Office. The event is designed to provide tools and safety information for parents and children and is being held in conjunction with Golisano Children’s Hospital, Pediatric Emergency Department, UR Medicine.
The fair will feature nurses from the Pediatric Emergency Department supported by Injury Free Coalition for Kids of Rochester providing free properly fitted bicycle helmets with demonstration, donated by Kohl’s Pedal Patrol. Participants will also learn about the importance of burn safety awareness. The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children will be present to provide finger printing, children’s ID cards, and general safety tips. A bicycle rodeo will be sponsored by Liberty Mutual Insurance and the New York State Park Police will offer an opportunity to win a bike. The United States Coast Guard Auxiliary will offer important boating and water safety information.
The event is free to attend and other information is available by calling (585) 964-2462.