- Candlelight Christmas Holiday Show at Morgan Manning House Dec. 5 & 6Posted 1 day ago
- Celebrate Agriculture dinner tickets on salePosted 1 day ago
- Boy Scouts launch toy collectionPosted 1 day ago
- 2014 Home for the HolidaysPosted 1 day ago
- Gillett Road bridge over Erie Canal in Ogden now restricted to eight tonsPosted 1 week ago
- New York State Silver Gloves Boxing Tournament coming to RochesterPosted 1 week ago
- Christmas on the Canal celebrates 19 years with December 7 eventPosted 1 week ago
- Spencerport Community Chorus performs Holiday ConcertPosted 1 week ago
- CCHS named to national Blue Star School Top 100 BestPosted 2 weeks ago
- Hilton High School students to perform “The Sound of Music”Posted 2 weeks ago
Child Safety Fair coming to Hamlin Beach State Park
Hamlin Beach State Park will host a child safety fair on Saturday, August 2 from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. in area #2 near the Park Office. The event is designed to provide tools and safety information for parents and children and is being held in conjunction with Golisano Children’s Hospital, Pediatric Emergency Department, UR Medicine.
The fair will feature nurses from the Pediatric Emergency Department supported by Injury Free Coalition for Kids of Rochester providing free properly fitted bicycle helmets with demonstration, donated by Kohl’s Pedal Patrol. Participants will also learn about the importance of burn safety awareness. The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children will be present to provide finger printing, children’s ID cards, and general safety tips. A bicycle rodeo will be sponsored by Liberty Mutual Insurance and the New York State Park Police will offer an opportunity to win a bike. The United States Coast Guard Auxiliary will offer important boating and water safety information.
The event is free to attend and other information is available by calling (585) 964-2462.