- SSC Committee seeks input on the future of Sweden Senior CenterPosted 4 days ago
- Brockport Police Department will collect unwanted prescription drugsPosted 4 days ago
- Holley Rotary awards Paul Harris FellowPosted 4 days ago
- Hamlin Beach to host clean upPosted 4 days ago
- Civil War lectures presented at both GCC Medina and Albion Campus CentersPosted 4 days ago
- 2014 Autumn GuidePosted 2 weeks ago
- Fall is in the air – time for astersPosted 2 weeks ago
- Tender Loving Family Care opens family home for adultsPosted 3 weeks ago
- Mail fraud charges under investigationPosted 3 weeks ago
- Hamlin soccer coach brings three decades of experience to the fieldPosted 3 weeks ago
Child Safety Fair coming to Hamlin Beach State Park
Hamlin Beach State Park will host a child safety fair on Saturday, August 2 from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. in area #2 near the Park Office. The event is designed to provide tools and safety information for parents and children and is being held in conjunction with Golisano Children’s Hospital, Pediatric Emergency Department, UR Medicine.
The fair will feature nurses from the Pediatric Emergency Department supported by Injury Free Coalition for Kids of Rochester providing free properly fitted bicycle helmets with demonstration, donated by Kohl’s Pedal Patrol. Participants will also learn about the importance of burn safety awareness. The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children will be present to provide finger printing, children’s ID cards, and general safety tips. A bicycle rodeo will be sponsored by Liberty Mutual Insurance and the New York State Park Police will offer an opportunity to win a bike. The United States Coast Guard Auxiliary will offer important boating and water safety information.
The event is free to attend and other information is available by calling (585) 964-2462.