- Local residents prepare for Tournament of Roses paradePosted 5 days ago
- Brockport Festival of Lights ParadePosted 5 days ago
- Western Monroe Historical Society celebrates its Golden Anniversary in 2015Posted 5 days ago
- New way to dispose of electronic appliancesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Fall college sports honorsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Hilton CSD Athletic Hall of Fame to induct five new members Dec. 29Posted 2 weeks ago
- 2014 Gift GuidePosted 2 weeks ago
- American Red Cross offers free Citizen Preparedness Corps training in OgdenPosted 3 weeks ago
- Celebrate Agriculture dinner tickets on salePosted 4 weeks ago
- 2014 Home for the HolidaysPosted 4 weeks ago
Child Safety Fair coming to Hamlin Beach State Park
Hamlin Beach State Park will host a child safety fair on Saturday, August 2 from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. in area #2 near the Park Office. The event is designed to provide tools and safety information for parents and children and is being held in conjunction with Golisano Children’s Hospital, Pediatric Emergency Department, UR Medicine.
The fair will feature nurses from the Pediatric Emergency Department supported by Injury Free Coalition for Kids of Rochester providing free properly fitted bicycle helmets with demonstration, donated by Kohl’s Pedal Patrol. Participants will also learn about the importance of burn safety awareness. The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children will be present to provide finger printing, children’s ID cards, and general safety tips. A bicycle rodeo will be sponsored by Liberty Mutual Insurance and the New York State Park Police will offer an opportunity to win a bike. The United States Coast Guard Auxiliary will offer important boating and water safety information.
The event is free to attend and other information is available by calling (585) 964-2462.