- Urban-Suburban program on Spencerport Board’s Feb. 24 agendaPosted 3 days ago
- Parma studies solar possibilitiesPosted 3 days ago
- March Madness returns to Churchville-ChiliPosted 3 days ago
- DOT presents plans for Route 531 terminus improvements, comment period ends Feb. 27Posted 1 week ago
- “Garden Talk” focuses on new plants for 2015Posted 1 week ago
- Free RPO “Around the Town” Concert performed at C-C PACPosted 1 week ago
- Board hears opinions from speakers on both sides of Spencerport’s Urban-Suburban implementation issuePosted 2 weeks ago
- Be a creative part of the Hilton Apple Fest traditionPosted 2 weeks ago
- New High School Equivalency test availablePosted 2 weeks ago
- GCC offers tax filing helpPosted 3 weeks ago
Child Safety Fair coming to Hamlin Beach State Park
Hamlin Beach State Park will host a child safety fair on Saturday, August 2 from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. in area #2 near the Park Office. The event is designed to provide tools and safety information for parents and children and is being held in conjunction with Golisano Children’s Hospital, Pediatric Emergency Department, UR Medicine.
The fair will feature nurses from the Pediatric Emergency Department supported by Injury Free Coalition for Kids of Rochester providing free properly fitted bicycle helmets with demonstration, donated by Kohl’s Pedal Patrol. Participants will also learn about the importance of burn safety awareness. The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children will be present to provide finger printing, children’s ID cards, and general safety tips. A bicycle rodeo will be sponsored by Liberty Mutual Insurance and the New York State Park Police will offer an opportunity to win a bike. The United States Coast Guard Auxiliary will offer important boating and water safety information.
The event is free to attend and other information is available by calling (585) 964-2462.