- “Out of the Ashes” – Marking the 50th anniversary of the Western Monroe Historical SocietyPosted 1 week ago
- Hilton Firemen’s Carnival changes dates, expands for 2015Posted 1 week ago
- C-C student receives local VFW Patriot’s Pen awardPosted 1 week ago
- Take a class – “Catch the Gardening Bug” series begins March 25Posted 3 weeks ago
- “Garden Talk” focuses on new plants for 2015Posted 1 month ago
- New High School Equivalency test availablePosted 2 months ago
- GCC offers tax filing helpPosted 2 months ago
- Applications for Preservation League’s Signature Grant Programs due by April 13Posted 2 months ago
Foodlink Mobile Food Pantry to return to Hilton
The Foodlink Mobile Food Pantry will return to Hilton on Saturday, August 9. The Mobile Pantry is a market on wheels, filled with essential, nutritious food items, that travels to locations to serve rural and under-served areas. The Mobile Pantry carries perishable items that change daily depending on donations to Foodlink.
Regardless of income or location, people are welcome to visit the Pantry at the Hilton DPW Garage, 50 Henry Street, where they will have access to an assortment of groceries. Vehicles should line up along Old Hojack Lane and proceed through the DPW garage for the food distribution. There will be volunteers there to direct traffic. Food will be given out from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. with a limit of one order per household. Those who could be helped by an assortment of fresh fruits and vegetables, bakery items, and non-perishable grocery items are invited to attend and receive the food. Information about assistance with SNAP (formerly known as food stamps), and contact information for the Hilton Parma Emergency Food Shelf, as well as current programs being offered, will also be available. For information call 234-2090.