- Urban-Suburban program on Spencerport Board’s Feb. 24 agendaPosted 5 days ago
- Parma studies solar possibilitiesPosted 5 days ago
- March Madness returns to Churchville-ChiliPosted 5 days ago
- DOT presents plans for Route 531 terminus improvements, comment period ends Feb. 27Posted 2 weeks ago
- “Garden Talk” focuses on new plants for 2015Posted 2 weeks ago
- Free RPO “Around the Town” Concert performed at C-C PACPosted 2 weeks ago
- Board hears opinions from speakers on both sides of Spencerport’s Urban-Suburban implementation issuePosted 3 weeks ago
- Be a creative part of the Hilton Apple Fest traditionPosted 3 weeks ago
- New High School Equivalency test availablePosted 3 weeks ago
- GCC offers tax filing helpPosted 4 weeks ago
New High School Equivalency Test available
Adults who have not graduated from high school or obtained an equivalency diploma may now take The Test Assessing Secondary Completion™ (TASC™). As of January 2014, it replaces the General Educational Development (GED®) assessment in New York State. Those successfully passing the TASC™ exam will earn a high school diploma. The TASC™ test is composed of five sections: English Language Arts Reading, English Language Arts Writing, Mathematics, Science and Social Studies, and is designed to show that candidates have knowledge comparable to graduating high school seniors in those areas. The test is available in English and Spanish, as well as Braille and audio versions for the visually impaired.
In order to prepare for the exam, candidates are encouraged to attend a TASC™ preparation program. The Monroe 2-Orleans BOCES Center for Workforce Development (CWD) offers individualized instruction in math, science, social studies, reading and writing as part of the TASC™ preparation. Both traditional classroom and home study options are available. Instructors use a Predictor Test to ensure test readiness prior to sitting for the TASC™ exam.
For information about the new equivalency program, contact CWD Literacy Coordinator Linda Broderick at (585) 349-9121 or visitwww.monroe2boces.org/TASC.