- Over 100 families assisted in Cartons for Christmas OutreachPosted 6 days ago
- 2015 Winter LinkPosted 6 days ago
- Cadets win second consecutive Barnard TourneyPosted 6 days ago
- Public hearing Feb. 5 on Route 531/Washington Street terminus improvementsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Brockport CSD holds public hearing on Veterans’ Tax Exemption Jan. 27Posted 2 weeks ago
- Artwork from Parma Public Library’s adult art programs on displayPosted 2 weeks ago
- Brockport’s “Evening of Jazz” on Feb. 6Posted 2 weeks ago
- Sweden Town Park outdoor ice rink is openPosted 2 weeks ago
- Can you help solve these mysteries?Posted 2 weeks ago
- Spencerport Area Chamber of Commerce announces 2014 Award WinnersPosted 4 weeks ago
New High School Equivalency Test available
Adults who have not graduated from high school or obtained an equivalency diploma may now take The Test Assessing Secondary Completion™ (TASC™). As of January 2014, it replaces the General Educational Development (GED®) assessment in New York State. Those successfully passing the TASC™ exam will earn a high school diploma. The TASC™ test is composed of five sections: English Language Arts Reading, English Language Arts Writing, Mathematics, Science and Social Studies, and is designed to show that candidates have knowledge comparable to graduating high school seniors in those areas. The test is available in English and Spanish, as well as Braille and audio versions for the visually impaired.
In order to prepare for the exam, candidates are encouraged to attend a TASC™ preparation program. The Monroe 2-Orleans BOCES Center for Workforce Development (CWD) offers individualized instruction in math, science, social studies, reading and writing as part of the TASC™ preparation. Both traditional classroom and home study options are available. Instructors use a Predictor Test to ensure test readiness prior to sitting for the TASC™ exam.
For information about the new equivalency program, contact CWD Literacy Coordinator Linda Broderick at (585) 349-9121 or visitwww.monroe2boces.org/TASC.