- Candlelight Christmas Holiday Show at Morgan Manning House Dec. 5 & 6Posted 4 days ago
- Celebrate Agriculture dinner tickets on salePosted 4 days ago
- Boy Scouts launch toy collectionPosted 4 days ago
- 2014 Home for the HolidaysPosted 4 days ago
- Gillett Road bridge over Erie Canal in Ogden now restricted to eight tonsPosted 2 weeks ago
- New York State Silver Gloves Boxing Tournament coming to RochesterPosted 2 weeks ago
- Christmas on the Canal celebrates 19 years with December 7 eventPosted 2 weeks ago
- Spencerport Community Chorus performs Holiday ConcertPosted 2 weeks ago
- CCHS named to national Blue Star School Top 100 BestPosted 3 weeks ago
- Hilton High School students to perform “The Sound of Music”Posted 3 weeks ago
Mary U. Barry
•Barry, Mary U., age 99, died July 27, 2014 just 6 weeks shy of her 100th birthday. Mrs. Barry was a nurse’s aide at the Arnold Gregory Memorial Hospital and the Orleans County Infirmary. She was a member of Christ Episcopal Church. Mrs. Barry was predeceased by her husband Arthur “Friday” Barry in 1976, her granddaughter Carol Jean Batt in 1977, her grandson Leonard T. Marks in 2006 and her daughter Jeanette Marks in 2012. She is survived by her children: Jean Batt, John (Marilyn) Barry, Michael (Patricia) Barry and Karen (Stanley) Dudek; her brother, Robert Spaulding; her sisters, Alice Gaylord, Suzanne Dykes; 14 grandchildren; 26 great grandchildren; and five great great grandchildren.
Her Memorial Service was held August 1 in the Christopher Mitchell Funeral Homes, Inc., Albion. Private interment in Kenyonville Cemetery. Donations can be made to Hospice of Orleans in her memory.