- SSC Committee seeks input on the future of Sweden Senior CenterPosted 5 days ago
- Brockport Police Department will collect unwanted prescription drugsPosted 5 days ago
- Holley Rotary awards Paul Harris FellowPosted 5 days ago
- Hamlin Beach to host clean upPosted 5 days ago
- Civil War lectures presented at both GCC Medina and Albion Campus CentersPosted 5 days ago
- 2014 Autumn GuidePosted 2 weeks ago
- Fall is in the air – time for astersPosted 2 weeks ago
- Tender Loving Family Care opens family home for adultsPosted 3 weeks ago
- Mail fraud charges under investigationPosted 3 weeks ago
- Hamlin soccer coach brings three decades of experience to the fieldPosted 3 weeks ago
Mary U. Barry
•Barry, Mary U., age 99, died July 27, 2014 just 6 weeks shy of her 100th birthday. Mrs. Barry was a nurse’s aide at the Arnold Gregory Memorial Hospital and the Orleans County Infirmary. She was a member of Christ Episcopal Church. Mrs. Barry was predeceased by her husband Arthur “Friday” Barry in 1976, her granddaughter Carol Jean Batt in 1977, her grandson Leonard T. Marks in 2006 and her daughter Jeanette Marks in 2012. She is survived by her children: Jean Batt, John (Marilyn) Barry, Michael (Patricia) Barry and Karen (Stanley) Dudek; her brother, Robert Spaulding; her sisters, Alice Gaylord, Suzanne Dykes; 14 grandchildren; 26 great grandchildren; and five great great grandchildren.
Her Memorial Service was held August 1 in the Christopher Mitchell Funeral Homes, Inc., Albion. Private interment in Kenyonville Cemetery. Donations can be made to Hospice of Orleans in her memory.