- Brockport, Byron-Bergen win Section V wrestling titlesPosted 1 week ago
- Resurfacing of Lake Ontario State Parkway planned for this summerPosted 2 weeks ago
- GCC time capsule seeking submissionsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Rangers hockey wins third straightPosted 2 weeks ago
- Gates Chili Chamber to hold State of the TownsPosted 3 weeks ago
- Holley senior wins football honorsPosted 3 weeks ago
- 2017 Winter Community LinkPosted 4 weeks ago
- Byron-Bergen Bees go global with National Geographic Bee CompetitionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- ESL announces available scholarships to high school seniorsPosted 4 weeks ago
- January-February programs at Riga Recreation CenterPosted 2 months ago
Mary U. Barry
•Barry, Mary U., age 99, died July 27, 2014 just 6 weeks shy of her 100th birthday. Mrs. Barry was a nurse’s aide at the Arnold Gregory Memorial Hospital and the Orleans County Infirmary. She was a member of Christ Episcopal Church. Mrs. Barry was predeceased by her husband Arthur “Friday” Barry in 1976, her granddaughter Carol Jean Batt in 1977, her grandson Leonard T. Marks in 2006 and her daughter Jeanette Marks in 2012. She is survived by her children: Jean Batt, John (Marilyn) Barry, Michael (Patricia) Barry and Karen (Stanley) Dudek; her brother, Robert Spaulding; her sisters, Alice Gaylord, Suzanne Dykes; 14 grandchildren; 26 great grandchildren; and five great great grandchildren.
Her Memorial Service was held August 1 in the Christopher Mitchell Funeral Homes, Inc., Albion. Private interment in Kenyonville Cemetery. Donations can be made to Hospice of Orleans in her memory.