- Candlelight Christmas Holiday Show at Morgan Manning House Dec. 5 & 6Posted 3 days ago
- Celebrate Agriculture dinner tickets on salePosted 3 days ago
- Boy Scouts launch toy collectionPosted 3 days ago
- 2014 Home for the HolidaysPosted 3 days ago
- Gillett Road bridge over Erie Canal in Ogden now restricted to eight tonsPosted 1 week ago
- New York State Silver Gloves Boxing Tournament coming to RochesterPosted 1 week ago
- Christmas on the Canal celebrates 19 years with December 7 eventPosted 1 week ago
- Spencerport Community Chorus performs Holiday ConcertPosted 1 week ago
- CCHS named to national Blue Star School Top 100 BestPosted 2 weeks ago
- Hilton High School students to perform “The Sound of Music”Posted 2 weeks ago
Brockport High School Drama Club presents “A Comedy of Errors”
Based on an ancient Roman comedy, this is a rollicking farce of mistaken identities. The directors, Dan and Julie Izzo, have set the play in the old west. The desert town of Ephesus is full of iconic characters such as the tough but wise sheriff, the bumbling deputy, an old prospector, wandering musicians and plenty of dancing girls.
The story centers around two sets of twins separated at birth. They were so young and so identical that even their parents could not tell them apart. Antipholus of Syracuse and his servant, Dromio, go off to find their lost brothers. After years of searching, they stumble upon the town of Ephesus, home to their brothers.
The Syracusian twins are warned that the southern Ephesians have no love for northerners. Antipholus and Dromio of Syracuse must disguise their northern accents and mannerisms in order to stay in the town. Because it is impossible for the townspeople to distinguish one set of twins from the other, confusion and chaos erupts.
Slapstick comedy, music, dance, and Shakespeare’s wit and poetry combine to make this a highly entertaining play accessible to all Performances are May 2 and 3 at 7 p.m. at Brockport High School Auditorium. General Admission $6. Tickets are available online www.showtix4u.com or at the High School Greeters Desk.