- 2014 Apple Fest Award WinnersPosted 1 week ago
- Two Brockport nurses earn top honors at March of Dimes Awards GalaPosted 2 weeks ago
- 2014 Apple Fest PhotosPosted 2 weeks ago
- RPO to perform “Exotic Adventures” concert in BrockportPosted 2 weeks ago
- 2014 Fall HomePosted 3 weeks ago
- Bergen Business and Civic dinner recognizes residents Nov. 1Posted 4 weeks ago
- 2014 Fall Community LinkPosted 1 month ago
- Civil War lectures presented at both GCC Medina and Albion Campus CentersPosted 1 month ago
Village Elementary students lunch with a Senator
On April 7, NYS Senator Joe Robach put on an apron and gloves and went behind the lunch counter at Village Elementary School. Students from about six classrooms told the Senator whether they preferred French toast sticks or chicken nuggets, and were encouraged by his Director of Community Affairs Josh Jensen to take the required servings of fruits and vegetables. The purpose of the visit was to get a firsthand look at the Hilton School District Food Service program and meet with Food Service Director Scott Ziobrowski, his staff, and several students.
“Senator Robach has been a great supporter and an active listener when it comes to the challenges that we face with our food service program and all of the new regulations imposed by the Healthy Hunger Free Kids Act,” said Ziobrowski. “I have met with the Senator and his staff in Albany for the past four years to update him and talk about all of the roadblocks that we currently face and may be facing in the future.”
Senator Robach spent his morning serving lunch to the students, addressing them on the importance of breakfast and lunch in school and having lunch with several students.
Provided information and photo