- Photos by Rick NicholsonPosted 5 hours ago
- Public invited to Kendall Community ForumPosted 5 hours ago
- 2016 Hilton Apple FestPosted 16 hours ago
- 2016 Fall Community LinkPosted 1 week ago
- Back to school: school bus safety remindersPosted 1 week ago
- Local student completes American Legion Boys’ StatePosted 1 week ago
- Hilton-Parma to host Town Hall on the Prevention of Underage DrinkingPosted 2 weeks ago
- 2016 Apple Fest Entertainment & EventsPosted 2 weeks ago
- 2016 Autumn GuidePosted 2 weeks ago
Village Elementary students lunch with a Senator
On April 7, NYS Senator Joe Robach put on an apron and gloves and went behind the lunch counter at Village Elementary School. Students from about six classrooms told the Senator whether they preferred French toast sticks or chicken nuggets, and were encouraged by his Director of Community Affairs Josh Jensen to take the required servings of fruits and vegetables. The purpose of the visit was to get a firsthand look at the Hilton School District Food Service program and meet with Food Service Director Scott Ziobrowski, his staff, and several students.
“Senator Robach has been a great supporter and an active listener when it comes to the challenges that we face with our food service program and all of the new regulations imposed by the Healthy Hunger Free Kids Act,” said Ziobrowski. “I have met with the Senator and his staff in Albany for the past four years to update him and talk about all of the roadblocks that we currently face and may be facing in the future.”
Senator Robach spent his morning serving lunch to the students, addressing them on the importance of breakfast and lunch in school and having lunch with several students.
Provided information and photo