- Spencerport Board of Education unanimous in approval of Urban-Suburban program participationPosted 15 hours ago
- Take a class – “Catch the Gardening Bug” series begins March 25Posted 16 hours ago
- Parma studies solar possibilitiesPosted 1 week ago
- March Madness returns to Churchville-ChiliPosted 1 week ago
- “Garden Talk” focuses on new plants for 2015Posted 2 weeks ago
- Be a creative part of the Hilton Apple Fest traditionPosted 3 weeks ago
- New High School Equivalency test availablePosted 3 weeks ago
- GCC offers tax filing helpPosted 4 weeks ago
- Applications for Preservation League’s Signature Grant Programs due by April 13Posted 4 weeks ago
- Sweden Town Park outdoor ice rink is openPosted 1 month ago
Hilton High School Drumline earns elite status
The Hilton High School Drumline earned a spot in the Percussion Scholastic Open Finals at the 2014 WGI Percussion World Championships, held April 12 in Dayton, Ohio. Performing their 2014 program titled “Don Juan Sevilla,” the 31-member ensemble advanced through two preliminary rounds, held in Oxford, Ohio on April 10 and 11, before eventually reaching the Finals at the University of Dayton Arena.
Two-hundred seventeen drumlines from around the world (including the United States, Japan, Canada, Belgium, the Netherlands and Thailand) competed in the 2014 Percussion World Championships. Hilton placed eighth in the competition. The 2014 result establishes the Hilton Drumline among the elite in the indoor marching percussion genre. Only the Scholastic World Class (a small group of the most advanced scholastic drumlines in the world) competes with a higher standard than Hilton’s designated Open Class.
Including last season’s Gold Medal finish, 2014 marks the fourth time the Hilton Winter Drumline has placed in a WGI World Championship Finals event. Hilton qualified for the PSA World Championship Finals in 2006, 2010 and 2013 (Gold Medalist), and the highly advanced PSO Finals in 2014. The Hilton Winter Drumline is under the direction of Hilton music teacher Tim Stodd.
Provided information and photo