- Spring 2015 Community LinkPosted 11 hours ago
- Find out more about Birds of Prey during events at Braddock Bay April 24-26Posted 5 days ago
- Four selected as Orleans Heritage HeroesPosted 7 days ago
- 2015 Spring Home ImprovementPosted 1 week ago
- Purple Pony Seeking VolunteersPosted 1 week ago
- Reforesting Island Cottage Woods – A Volunteer OpportunityPosted 4 weeks ago
- Hilton Firemen’s Carnival changes dates, expands for 2015Posted 1 month ago
- C-C student receives local VFW Patriot’s Pen awardPosted 1 month ago
Acclaimed author visiting Holley MS/HS on May 16
The Holley Middle School/High School, in cooperation with the Holley Community Free Library, welcomes acclaimed and best-selling young adult author Ellen Hopkins to the Holley MS/HS on Friday, May 16.
Hopkins is a New York Times best-selling author known for writing about edgy topics in a fascinating and compelling way. Her first book, Crank, is especially popular among high school readers. The book is part of a series she wrote based on her true life experience with her own daughter’s addition.
While at the Holley MS/HS, Hopkins will speak to students in grades 9-12 and work with them in small-groups. The Holley Community Free Library will host the author at a reception on Thursday evening, May 15 from 7 to 8:30 p.m. This event is free and open to the public and all are encouraged to attend.
Hopkins lives in Nevada and is in the Rochester area to attend the ninth annual Greater Rochester Teen Book Festival. This popular annual event is free and open to teens providing them a rare opportunity to connect with thirty of their favorite authors.
The Teen Book Festival takes place on Saturday, May 17 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Nazareth College, 4245 East Avenue, Rochester. A group of Holley students will be attending.