- Love of lotus leads to presentation in ChinaPosted 5 days ago
- Annual Peddlers Market in Brockport September 8Posted 5 days ago
- Strong West Emergency Department opens in BrockportPosted 5 days ago
- The College at Brockport fall sports previewsPosted 5 days ago
- Zoo and Bergen Swamp Preservation Society presents swamp’s unique featuresPosted 2 weeks ago
- Bad Apples features unique twists on good foodPosted 2 weeks ago
- Reduction in hours of operation likely at Kendall Post OfficePosted 3 weeks ago
- Spencerport Federal Credit Union prepares to expand officesPosted 3 weeks ago
- 2014 Kids Special SectionPosted 3 weeks ago
- New High School Equivalency Test availablePosted 4 weeks ago
Acclaimed author visiting Holley MS/HS on May 16
The Holley Middle School/High School, in cooperation with the Holley Community Free Library, welcomes acclaimed and best-selling young adult author Ellen Hopkins to the Holley MS/HS on Friday, May 16.
Hopkins is a New York Times best-selling author known for writing about edgy topics in a fascinating and compelling way. Her first book, Crank, is especially popular among high school readers. The book is part of a series she wrote based on her true life experience with her own daughter’s addition.
While at the Holley MS/HS, Hopkins will speak to students in grades 9-12 and work with them in small-groups. The Holley Community Free Library will host the author at a reception on Thursday evening, May 15 from 7 to 8:30 p.m. This event is free and open to the public and all are encouraged to attend.
Hopkins lives in Nevada and is in the Rochester area to attend the ninth annual Greater Rochester Teen Book Festival. This popular annual event is free and open to teens providing them a rare opportunity to connect with thirty of their favorite authors.
The Teen Book Festival takes place on Saturday, May 17 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Nazareth College, 4245 East Avenue, Rochester. A group of Holley students will be attending.