- Child Safety Fair coming to Hamlin Beach State ParkPosted 2 days ago
- Salvatore’s in Spencerport adds Arthur Treacher’s franchisePosted 2 days ago
- Byron-Bergen dancer competes in LondonPosted 2 days ago
- Westside Challenger Baseball closes out its 4th season with Award Ceremony and PicnicPosted 1 week ago
- Hilton’s Schwind living the dreamPosted 2 weeks ago
- State appeals court dismisses Monroe County Fair neighbors’ lawsuitPosted 2 weeks ago
- Discover Pinta and Nina in RochesterPosted 2 weeks ago
- Margaret A. McGrath Charitable Foundation awards $63,500 in scholarshipsPosted 3 weeks ago
- Monroe County Fair returns to Northampton ParkPosted 1 month ago
C-C Chess Club crowns champions
Pawns, bishops and kings were aplenty in Ernest Orlando’s classroom on May 6 as the Middle School Chess Club held its annual championship tournament. Over 30 students participated from grades 5-8 and four grade-level champions were crowned.
Caleb Jennings captured the fifth grade title with Scott Elble finishing second. Alex Fatouros took home the sixth grade championship after a hard-fought match against Mario Milks. Colby Taylor won the seventh grade title over Frank Hassett. The eighth grade title was awarded to Chis Lewis, who defeated Joshua Fry using a four-move checkmate.