- Managing pests in the home garden with IPMPosted 3 days ago
- Meet and greet invites community to learn about Apple Fest volunteeringPosted 1 week ago
- 2016 Kids! Special SectionPosted 2 weeks ago
- Ambiguous piece of history stumbled upon in a familiar placePosted 2 weeks ago
- Summer Guide 2016Posted 3 months ago
C-C Chess Club crowns champions
Pawns, bishops and kings were aplenty in Ernest Orlando’s classroom on May 6 as the Middle School Chess Club held its annual championship tournament. Over 30 students participated from grades 5-8 and four grade-level champions were crowned.
Caleb Jennings captured the fifth grade title with Scott Elble finishing second. Alex Fatouros took home the sixth grade championship after a hard-fought match against Mario Milks. Colby Taylor won the seventh grade title over Frank Hassett. The eighth grade title was awarded to Chis Lewis, who defeated Joshua Fry using a four-move checkmate.