- Tender Loving Family Care opens family home for adultsPosted 14 hours ago
- Mail fraud charges under investigationPosted 14 hours ago
- Master Gardeners in three counties hold fall eventsPosted 14 hours ago
- Hamlin soccer coach brings three decades of experience to the fieldPosted 14 hours ago
- Roberts Wesleyan fall previewsPosted 14 hours ago
- Love of lotus leads to presentation in ChinaPosted 1 week ago
- Annual Peddlers Market in Brockport September 8Posted 1 week ago
- Strong West Emergency Department opens in BrockportPosted 1 week ago
- The College at Brockport fall sports previewsPosted 1 week ago
- Bad Apples features unique twists on good foodPosted 2 weeks ago
C-C Chess Club crowns champions
Pawns, bishops and kings were aplenty in Ernest Orlando’s classroom on May 6 as the Middle School Chess Club held its annual championship tournament. Over 30 students participated from grades 5-8 and four grade-level champions were crowned.
Caleb Jennings captured the fifth grade title with Scott Elble finishing second. Alex Fatouros took home the sixth grade championship after a hard-fought match against Mario Milks. Colby Taylor won the seventh grade title over Frank Hassett. The eighth grade title was awarded to Chis Lewis, who defeated Joshua Fry using a four-move checkmate.