- Churchville-Riga Chamber of Commerce announces 2015 community awardsPosted 6 days ago
- Funding available to farmers for water quality protectionPosted 6 days ago
- Hilton CSD seeks nominations for Alumni Hall of FamePosted 6 days ago
- Dissolution an issue again in BrockportPosted 2 weeks ago
- Holley first and second graders learn about healthy choicesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Brockport Hill School students win national poetry contestPosted 2 weeks ago
- Celebrating Black History Month in BrockportPosted 3 weeks ago
- Winter 2016 Community LinkPosted 3 weeks ago
- Churchville-Chili kindergarten classes now open for registrationPosted 4 weeks ago
C-C Chess Club crowns champions
Pawns, bishops and kings were aplenty in Ernest Orlando’s classroom on May 6 as the Middle School Chess Club held its annual championship tournament. Over 30 students participated from grades 5-8 and four grade-level champions were crowned.
Caleb Jennings captured the fifth grade title with Scott Elble finishing second. Alex Fatouros took home the sixth grade championship after a hard-fought match against Mario Milks. Colby Taylor won the seventh grade title over Frank Hassett. The eighth grade title was awarded to Chis Lewis, who defeated Joshua Fry using a four-move checkmate.