- St. Pius X parish rebuilding — literally and spiritually — following firePosted 2 weeks ago
- Hundreds of American flags to honor service providersPosted 2 weeks ago
- Entries for Erie Canalway Photo Contest due by August 28Posted 2 weeks ago
- “Back to School Fun Day” coming August 22Posted 2 weeks ago
- Walker Brothers Funeral Home to hold annual Butterfly ReleasePosted 3 weeks ago
- Ribbons remind to support CourtneyPosted 3 weeks ago
- Hometown Heroes from near and farPosted 3 weeks ago
- Hunter education courses in HolleyPosted 3 weeks ago
- 2015 Kids Special SectionPosted 3 weeks ago
- Village of Spencerport changes refuse containers policyPosted 4 weeks ago
C-C Chess Club crowns champions
Pawns, bishops and kings were aplenty in Ernest Orlando’s classroom on May 6 as the Middle School Chess Club held its annual championship tournament. Over 30 students participated from grades 5-8 and four grade-level champions were crowned.
Caleb Jennings captured the fifth grade title with Scott Elble finishing second. Alex Fatouros took home the sixth grade championship after a hard-fought match against Mario Milks. Colby Taylor won the seventh grade title over Frank Hassett. The eighth grade title was awarded to Chis Lewis, who defeated Joshua Fry using a four-move checkmate.