- Zoo and Bergen Swamp Preservation Society presents swamp’s unique featuresPosted 4 days ago
- Bad Apples features unique twists on good foodPosted 4 days ago
- 6th annual Clarkson Classic 5K and Neighborhood Contest set for August 23Posted 4 days ago
- Reduction in hours of operation likely at Kendall Post OfficePosted 2 weeks ago
- Spencerport Federal Credit Union prepares to expand officesPosted 2 weeks ago
- 2014 Kids Special SectionPosted 2 weeks ago
- New High School Equivalency Test availablePosted 3 weeks ago
- Foodlink Mobile Food Pantry to return to HiltonPosted 3 weeks ago
C-C Chess Club crowns champions
Pawns, bishops and kings were aplenty in Ernest Orlando’s classroom on May 6 as the Middle School Chess Club held its annual championship tournament. Over 30 students participated from grades 5-8 and four grade-level champions were crowned.
Caleb Jennings captured the fifth grade title with Scott Elble finishing second. Alex Fatouros took home the sixth grade championship after a hard-fought match against Mario Milks. Colby Taylor won the seventh grade title over Frank Hassett. The eighth grade title was awarded to Chis Lewis, who defeated Joshua Fry using a four-move checkmate.