- 2015 Fall HomePosted 6 days ago
- Seminar helps small businesses sell to government agenciesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Workshop presents “Exhibition 2015″Posted 2 weeks ago
- New patio made possible for volunteer fire fightersPosted 4 weeks ago
- Brockport fall sports previewsPosted 1 month ago
C-C Chess Club crowns champions
Pawns, bishops and kings were aplenty in Ernest Orlando’s classroom on May 6 as the Middle School Chess Club held its annual championship tournament. Over 30 students participated from grades 5-8 and four grade-level champions were crowned.
Caleb Jennings captured the fifth grade title with Scott Elble finishing second. Alex Fatouros took home the sixth grade championship after a hard-fought match against Mario Milks. Colby Taylor won the seventh grade title over Frank Hassett. The eighth grade title was awarded to Chis Lewis, who defeated Joshua Fry using a four-move checkmate.