- Local residents prepare for Tournament of Roses paradePosted 6 days ago
- Brockport Festival of Lights ParadePosted 6 days ago
- Western Monroe Historical Society celebrates its Golden Anniversary in 2015Posted 6 days ago
- New way to dispose of electronic appliancesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Fall college sports honorsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Hilton CSD Athletic Hall of Fame to induct five new members Dec. 29Posted 2 weeks ago
- 2014 Gift GuidePosted 2 weeks ago
- American Red Cross offers free Citizen Preparedness Corps training in OgdenPosted 3 weeks ago
- Celebrate Agriculture dinner tickets on salePosted 4 weeks ago
- 2014 Home for the HolidaysPosted 4 weeks ago
Byron-Bergen dancer competes in London
Byron-Bergen High School junior Meghan Johnson has been doing something she loves for the past 10 years – Irish Dancing. It all started after she attended an Irish Dance workshop at a ballet studio and was hooked from that point on. She dances six days per week at the Young School of Irish Dance in Rochester and has traveled to many places and performed at many events and competitions. During Thanksgiving break, at the Regional competition in Philadelphia, she placed 14th, which qualified her to participate in the World Irish Dancing Competition in London in April. She performed in three rounds, and out of 267 in her 17 year old age group, Meghan finished in the top 100 from the world dancers who entered.
She is the daughter of Ira and Gina Johnson. While they were in London, Meghan and her parents enjoyed seeing Buckingham Palace, Piccadilly Circus and Hyde Park (that spans 27 miles).
A national competition is coming up in Montreal during the month of July and Meghan is already qualified. Her college plans include attending law school to become a criminal lawyer.
Provided information and photo