- Business AlmanacPosted 5 days ago
- Red Jug Pub to locate in BrockportPosted 7 days ago
- Spencerport business owner receives Founders AwardPosted 7 days ago
- Hilton-Parma Gazebo Band to launch 33rd Concert SeasonPosted 2 weeks ago
- UMC opens annual farmers’ marketPosted 2 weeks ago
- Historical items on displayPosted 3 weeks ago
- 2016 Summer Community LinkPosted 3 weeks ago
- Summer Guide 2016Posted 1 month ago
- Black Creek watersPosted 1 month ago
Byron-Bergen dancer competes in London
Byron-Bergen High School junior Meghan Johnson has been doing something she loves for the past 10 years – Irish Dancing. It all started after she attended an Irish Dance workshop at a ballet studio and was hooked from that point on. She dances six days per week at the Young School of Irish Dance in Rochester and has traveled to many places and performed at many events and competitions. During Thanksgiving break, at the Regional competition in Philadelphia, she placed 14th, which qualified her to participate in the World Irish Dancing Competition in London in April. She performed in three rounds, and out of 267 in her 17 year old age group, Meghan finished in the top 100 from the world dancers who entered.
She is the daughter of Ira and Gina Johnson. While they were in London, Meghan and her parents enjoyed seeing Buckingham Palace, Piccadilly Circus and Hyde Park (that spans 27 miles).
A national competition is coming up in Montreal during the month of July and Meghan is already qualified. Her college plans include attending law school to become a criminal lawyer.
Provided information and photo