- GCC welcomes homeschool students and families to information and orientation sessionPosted 3 weeks ago
- 2017 First Responder TributePosted 4 weeks ago
- Brockport CSD receives universal pre-kindergarten grantPosted 1 month ago
- Brockport gymnasts rank secondPosted 1 month ago
- Genesee Country Village & Museum 2017 event calendarPosted 1 month ago
- Buy and sell at the Hilton Community Indoor Flea MarketPosted 1 month ago
- Save the date for Kendall’s “Community Read” eventPosted 1 month ago
ESL announces available scholarships to high school seniors
ESL Federal Credit Union announced that five area high school seniors could earn $2,000 each towards their college or university tuition in fall 2017. Applications are available at ESL branches or at www.esl.org.
To qualify for consideration, high school students must meet the following requirements:
•Member in good standing at ESL Federal Credit Union.
•High school senior in the greater Rochester area during the 2016/2017 school year.
•Attending an accredited college or university in the fall of 2017.
In addition to the eligibility requirements, students must write about one of ESL’s Core Values: accountability, caring about people, initiative, integrity and teamwork. The essay must be one page, typed and double-spaced and indicate how the selected core value plays a significant role in their daily life.
“ESL is honored to provide these scholarships to exceptional students who make positive contributions inside and out of the classroom,” said Faheem Masood, President & CEO, ESL Federal Credit Union. “Our scholarship helps offset the costs of college tuition while providing an opportunity for students to enrich their education at the same time.”