- GCC welcomes homeschool students and families to information and orientation sessionPosted 3 weeks ago
- 2017 First Responder TributePosted 1 month ago
- Brockport CSD receives universal pre-kindergarten grantPosted 1 month ago
- Brockport gymnasts rank secondPosted 1 month ago
- Genesee Country Village & Museum 2017 event calendarPosted 1 month ago
- Buy and sell at the Hilton Community Indoor Flea MarketPosted 1 month ago
- Save the date for Kendall’s “Community Read” eventPosted 1 month ago
Hilton Cadet Cupboard holding Food Drive
The Hilton Cadet Cupboard will hold a Food Drive on Saturday, February 18 from 9 a.m. to noon at Hilton High School, 400 East Avenue, Hilton. Food may be dropped off at the back door near the tennis courts.
Cadet Cupboard, a food pantry for the students in the Hilton Central School District, provides children in need with essential, nutritious food that they can subtly take home and safely prepare on their own. For $6, a child in need in the community can be fed for an entire weekend.
“Food is a basic need for everyone, but especially for growing children,” said Hilton Food Service Director Scott Ziobrowski, who coordinates the program. “Childhood nutrition is critical to their mental and physical development.”
Donations of kid-friendly, non-perishable and non-glass items are needed. For a complete list of items, visit hilton.k12.ny.us/CadetCupboard. Monetary donations are also greatly appreciated. Visit hiltoneducationfoundation.org/cadetcupboard/donate.html.
For information, contact Scott Ziobrowski, director of School Food Service, at 392-1000 ext. 2152.