- Brockport, Byron-Bergen win Section V wrestling titlesPosted 7 days ago
- Resurfacing of Lake Ontario State Parkway planned for this summerPosted 2 weeks ago
- GCC time capsule seeking submissionsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Rangers hockey wins third straightPosted 2 weeks ago
- Gates Chili Chamber to hold State of the TownsPosted 3 weeks ago
- Holley senior wins football honorsPosted 3 weeks ago
- 2017 Winter Community LinkPosted 4 weeks ago
- Byron-Bergen Bees go global with National Geographic Bee CompetitionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- ESL announces available scholarships to high school seniorsPosted 4 weeks ago
- January-February programs at Riga Recreation CenterPosted 2 months ago
Hilton Cadet Cupboard holding Food Drive
The Hilton Cadet Cupboard will hold a Food Drive on Saturday, February 18 from 9 a.m. to noon at Hilton High School, 400 East Avenue, Hilton. Food may be dropped off at the back door near the tennis courts.
Cadet Cupboard, a food pantry for the students in the Hilton Central School District, provides children in need with essential, nutritious food that they can subtly take home and safely prepare on their own. For $6, a child in need in the community can be fed for an entire weekend.
“Food is a basic need for everyone, but especially for growing children,” said Hilton Food Service Director Scott Ziobrowski, who coordinates the program. “Childhood nutrition is critical to their mental and physical development.”
Donations of kid-friendly, non-perishable and non-glass items are needed. For a complete list of items, visit hilton.k12.ny.us/CadetCupboard. Monetary donations are also greatly appreciated. Visit hiltoneducationfoundation.org/cadetcupboard/donate.html.
For information, contact Scott Ziobrowski, director of School Food Service, at 392-1000 ext. 2152.