- GCC welcomes homeschool students and families to information and orientation sessionPosted 3 weeks ago
- 2017 First Responder TributePosted 1 month ago
- Brockport CSD receives universal pre-kindergarten grantPosted 1 month ago
- Brockport gymnasts rank secondPosted 1 month ago
- Genesee Country Village & Museum 2017 event calendarPosted 1 month ago
- Buy and sell at the Hilton Community Indoor Flea MarketPosted 1 month ago
- Save the date for Kendall’s “Community Read” eventPosted 1 month ago
Brockport CSD receives universal pre-kindergarten grant
The Brockport Central School District will again offer a grant-funded universal pre-kindergarten (UPK) program. The program, with a strong focus on early learning, will start in September and follow the school calendar. Children will attend school five days a week for two and a half hours a day during morning or afternoon sessions.
Since the grant requires a collaborative effort between BCSD and area childhood education agencies, some children will attend private schools while the majority of students will attend Brockport’s Ginther School. All sites will use the curriculum developed by the UPK Advisory Board and will be taught by a certified teacher.
To be eligible for the UPK program, children must be four years old by December 1, 2017 and reside in the Brockport Central School District. Families are responsible for making their own transportation arrangements, as transportation is not part of the New York State Education Department grant.
For children not yet registered to receive UPK-related mailings, call the Registrar’s Office at 637-1857. Applications were mailed the week of February 24 to all eligible families. UPK applications must be returned by the close of business on March 20.
Frequently asked questions about the program may be found on the district’s website at www.bcs1.org/upk. For additional information, call 637-1816.