- 2017 Spring Community LinkPosted 5 days ago
- Village of Holley grows community gardenPosted 5 days ago
- Route 31 bridge replacement project resumesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Bright Raven gymnasts win gold at statesPosted 2 weeks ago
- 2017 Spring Home ImprovementPosted 3 weeks ago
- Volunteer fire departments across New York recruit new membersPosted 3 weeks ago
- Friends of Hamlin Beach State Park host I Love My Park DayPosted 3 weeks ago
- Genesee Country Village & Museum 2017 event calendarPosted 2 months ago
New principal appointed at Quest Elementary in Hilton
The Hilton School District will welcome Derek Warren as Quest Elementary School principal on July 1. He replaces Karen Spillman, who has been serving as interim principal during the 2016-17 school year.
Warren served as an administrative intern at Merton Williams Middle School and Village Elementary School from January to June 2016. Prior to that, he taught grades four to six at Village from 2005-2015. Currently, Warren serves as assistant principal at Craig Hill Elementary School and West Ridge Elementary School in the Greece School District.
Warren’s education includes a bachelor’s degree in Childhood Education, first through sixth, from SUNY Oswego, a master’s in Literacy Education, Birth through sixth, from St. John Fisher College, and a Certificate of Advanced Study in Educational Administration from The College at Brockport.
“I am thrilled to be returning to Hilton and to be joining the Quest team,” said Warren. “It was evident through the hiring process that Quest passionately considers the whole child and works to prepare students for the world beyond the walls of Quest. I am excited to roll up my sleeves and to work alongside a dynamic, student-centered learning community.”
Warren lives in the Village of Hilton with his wife, Ashley, a kindergarten teacher at Village Elementary; and daughters Adeline, five, and Olive, four.