- 2014 Apple Fest Special SectionPosted 3 days ago
- Bergen Business and Civic dinner recognizes residents Nov. 1Posted 3 days ago
- Riga to hold town budget hearing Oct. 8Posted 3 days ago
- 2014 Fall Community LinkPosted 1 week ago
- Fitness center coming soon to Holley School DistrictPosted 1 week ago
- Byron-Bergen/Elba improves to 2-0Posted 1 week ago
- Holley Rotary awards Paul Harris FellowPosted 2 weeks ago
- Civil War lectures presented at both GCC Medina and Albion Campus CentersPosted 2 weeks ago
Schreiner, Budd, Hibsch have multi-RBI games for Rangers
Morgan Schreiner drove in three runs while Brittany Budd and Abbie Hibsch plated two each to lead Spencerport to their third softball win of the season – 10-3 over host Gates Chili.
They made it 4-0 in their half of the third as centerfielder Dianna Maier had a one out single before both Schreiner and Desiato singled to load the bases. Maier scored on a wild pitch.
After the Spartans battled back to close the Rangers lead to 4-3, they exploded for four runs in the sixth inning.
Leanna Hodge led off the inning with a walk and moved to third on a double to right center by Mary Grace Paoletti. A walk to Yaeger loaded the bases and Budd greeted the new Spartans pitcher with a two-RBI double down the left field line. Hibsch followed with an RBI single down the right field line to drive in Budd and, after a Maier single, Schreiner plated the eighth Ranger run on an infield groundout.
Spencerport scored two insurance runs in the seventh inning on a Yaeger RBI single that scored Hodge and an RBI single by Hibsch driving in Paoletti.
Spencerport finished their victory by registering the final out on a well-executed rundown play between third and home to help pitcher Emilee Yaeger earn the complete game victory with five strikeouts.