- 2015 Spring Showcase of BusinessPosted 19 hours ago
- Area resource helps collect medical infoPosted 20 hours ago
- C-C’s Ryan named Player of the YearPosted 20 hours ago
- “Out of the Ashes” – Marking the 50th anniversary of the Western Monroe Historical SocietyPosted 2 weeks ago
- Hilton Firemen’s Carnival changes dates, expands for 2015Posted 2 weeks ago
- C-C student receives local VFW Patriot’s Pen awardPosted 2 weeks ago
- Take a class – “Catch the Gardening Bug” series begins March 25Posted 4 weeks ago
- “Garden Talk” focuses on new plants for 2015Posted 1 month ago
- GCC offers tax filing helpPosted 2 months ago
- Applications for Preservation League’s Signature Grant Programs due by April 13Posted 2 months ago
Schreiner, Budd, Hibsch have multi-RBI games for Rangers
Morgan Schreiner drove in three runs while Brittany Budd and Abbie Hibsch plated two each to lead Spencerport to their third softball win of the season – 10-3 over host Gates Chili.
They made it 4-0 in their half of the third as centerfielder Dianna Maier had a one out single before both Schreiner and Desiato singled to load the bases. Maier scored on a wild pitch.
After the Spartans battled back to close the Rangers lead to 4-3, they exploded for four runs in the sixth inning.
Leanna Hodge led off the inning with a walk and moved to third on a double to right center by Mary Grace Paoletti. A walk to Yaeger loaded the bases and Budd greeted the new Spartans pitcher with a two-RBI double down the left field line. Hibsch followed with an RBI single down the right field line to drive in Budd and, after a Maier single, Schreiner plated the eighth Ranger run on an infield groundout.
Spencerport scored two insurance runs in the seventh inning on a Yaeger RBI single that scored Hodge and an RBI single by Hibsch driving in Paoletti.
Spencerport finished their victory by registering the final out on a well-executed rundown play between third and home to help pitcher Emilee Yaeger earn the complete game victory with five strikeouts.