- SSC Committee seeks input on the future of Sweden Senior CenterPosted 4 days ago
- Brockport Police Department will collect unwanted prescription drugsPosted 4 days ago
- Holley Rotary awards Paul Harris FellowPosted 4 days ago
- Hamlin Beach to host clean upPosted 4 days ago
- Civil War lectures presented at both GCC Medina and Albion Campus CentersPosted 4 days ago
- 2014 Autumn GuidePosted 2 weeks ago
- Fall is in the air – time for astersPosted 2 weeks ago
- Tender Loving Family Care opens family home for adultsPosted 3 weeks ago
- Mail fraud charges under investigationPosted 3 weeks ago
- Hamlin soccer coach brings three decades of experience to the fieldPosted 3 weeks ago
Schreiner, Budd, Hibsch have multi-RBI games for Rangers
Morgan Schreiner drove in three runs while Brittany Budd and Abbie Hibsch plated two each to lead Spencerport to their third softball win of the season – 10-3 over host Gates Chili.
They made it 4-0 in their half of the third as centerfielder Dianna Maier had a one out single before both Schreiner and Desiato singled to load the bases. Maier scored on a wild pitch.
After the Spartans battled back to close the Rangers lead to 4-3, they exploded for four runs in the sixth inning.
Leanna Hodge led off the inning with a walk and moved to third on a double to right center by Mary Grace Paoletti. A walk to Yaeger loaded the bases and Budd greeted the new Spartans pitcher with a two-RBI double down the left field line. Hibsch followed with an RBI single down the right field line to drive in Budd and, after a Maier single, Schreiner plated the eighth Ranger run on an infield groundout.
Spencerport scored two insurance runs in the seventh inning on a Yaeger RBI single that scored Hodge and an RBI single by Hibsch driving in Paoletti.
Spencerport finished their victory by registering the final out on a well-executed rundown play between third and home to help pitcher Emilee Yaeger earn the complete game victory with five strikeouts.