- Candlelight Christmas Holiday Show at Morgan Manning House Dec. 5 & 6Posted 4 days ago
- Celebrate Agriculture dinner tickets on salePosted 4 days ago
- Boy Scouts launch toy collectionPosted 4 days ago
- 2014 Home for the HolidaysPosted 4 days ago
- Gillett Road bridge over Erie Canal in Ogden now restricted to eight tonsPosted 2 weeks ago
- New York State Silver Gloves Boxing Tournament coming to RochesterPosted 2 weeks ago
- Christmas on the Canal celebrates 19 years with December 7 eventPosted 2 weeks ago
- Spencerport Community Chorus performs Holiday ConcertPosted 2 weeks ago
- CCHS named to national Blue Star School Top 100 BestPosted 3 weeks ago
- Hilton High School students to perform “The Sound of Music”Posted 3 weeks ago
Cadets ride Sile to second round
Hilton scored six of their eight runs with two outs, including a bases-clearing triple by Taylor Sile, on their way to an 8-6 Section V softball first round playoff win over Gates Chili.
The Spartans jumped out to a 1-0 lead with an unearned run in the second inning, but the Cadets tied it in their half of the inning. Second baseman Kiera Morgan was hit by a pitch and was pushed to second on a perfect sacrifice bunt by Alex Brisson. Alex Cummins laced a double to right center to bring home Morgan and tie the game 1-1.
Hilton sent ten batters to the plate and exploded for six runs in the bottom of the third to take a 7-1 lead.
Brady Ott led off with a double and advanced to third on a fielder’s choice before scoring on an RBI groundout by Emma Heydens. Hilton rallied with two outs started with a walk to Stephanie Spring, a single from Morgan and a walk to Brisson to load the bases. Cummins ripped an RBI single and Jenna Brown followed with a bases-loaded RBI walk before Sile rocketed her three-RBI triple over the center fielder’s head.
Gates Chili chipped away scoring two runs in the fifth and sixth innings to tighten the Hilton lead to 7-5, but the Cadets plated an insurance run in the sixth.
Ott reached on an infield single and went to second on a fielder’s choice. Heydens knocked Ott in with a two-out RBI single to make it 8-5.
Cummins relieved starting pitcher Sile, who allowed just three earned runs while striking out seven batters, in the seventh inning. She allowed two doubles and a run sandwiched around a pair of fly-outs before ending the game with a strikeout on an off-speed delivery to earn the save.
Hilton improved to 12-8 on the season and advanced to the second round of the Section V playoffs despite leaving 11 runners in scoring position.