- Photos by Rick NicholsonPosted 4 days ago
- Public invited to Kendall Community ForumPosted 4 days ago
- 2016 Hilton Apple FestPosted 4 days ago
- 2016 Fall Community LinkPosted 1 week ago
- Back to school: school bus safety remindersPosted 2 weeks ago
- Local student completes American Legion Boys’ StatePosted 2 weeks ago
- Hilton-Parma to host Town Hall on the Prevention of Underage DrinkingPosted 3 weeks ago
- 2016 Apple Fest Entertainment & EventsPosted 3 weeks ago
- 2016 Autumn GuidePosted 3 weeks ago
Cadets baseball raises $2,200 for breast cancer research
The Hilton Cadet baseball team held their Fifth Annual Breast Cancer Awareness Game on May 10 against Greece Olympia, raising over $2,200 for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
Coach Jeff Murphy said this is the most that the team has ever raised. “Thank you so much to everyone who donated and helped make this day a success!” he said. “There were so many people who helped out throughout the day and we couldn’t have done it without them.
As an added bonus, all four baseball teams won their games that day.
In attendance were the Little Murphys, Melanie Murphy’s second grade classroom at Northwood Elementary School. The husband and wife team recently paired up their students for a “Baseball Buddy” program that gives the Little Murphys someone to look up to and the high school students an opportunity to mentor.