- Love of lotus leads to presentation in ChinaPosted 5 days ago
- Annual Peddlers Market in Brockport September 8Posted 5 days ago
- Strong West Emergency Department opens in BrockportPosted 5 days ago
- The College at Brockport fall sports previewsPosted 5 days ago
- Zoo and Bergen Swamp Preservation Society presents swamp’s unique featuresPosted 2 weeks ago
- Bad Apples features unique twists on good foodPosted 2 weeks ago
- Reduction in hours of operation likely at Kendall Post OfficePosted 3 weeks ago
- Spencerport Federal Credit Union prepares to expand officesPosted 3 weeks ago
- 2014 Kids Special SectionPosted 3 weeks ago
- New High School Equivalency Test availablePosted 4 weeks ago
Cadets baseball raises $2,200 for breast cancer research
The Hilton Cadet baseball team held their Fifth Annual Breast Cancer Awareness Game on May 10 against Greece Olympia, raising over $2,200 for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
Coach Jeff Murphy said this is the most that the team has ever raised. “Thank you so much to everyone who donated and helped make this day a success!” he said. “There were so many people who helped out throughout the day and we couldn’t have done it without them.
As an added bonus, all four baseball teams won their games that day.
In attendance were the Little Murphys, Melanie Murphy’s second grade classroom at Northwood Elementary School. The husband and wife team recently paired up their students for a “Baseball Buddy” program that gives the Little Murphys someone to look up to and the high school students an opportunity to mentor.