- 2016 Spring Community LinkPosted 6 days ago
- Community volunteer helps residentsPosted 6 days ago
- Young Women of Distinction recipients announcedPosted 6 days ago
- 2016 Spring Home ImprovementPosted 3 weeks ago
- Community invited to attend Drug Prevention and Intervention ForumPosted 3 weeks ago
- Tickets on sale for 20th Annual Armed Forces Day LuncheonPosted 4 weeks ago
- Brockport sets date for Dissolution VotePosted 2 months ago
Cadets baseball raises $2,200 for breast cancer research
The Hilton Cadet baseball team held their Fifth Annual Breast Cancer Awareness Game on May 10 against Greece Olympia, raising over $2,200 for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
Coach Jeff Murphy said this is the most that the team has ever raised. “Thank you so much to everyone who donated and helped make this day a success!” he said. “There were so many people who helped out throughout the day and we couldn’t have done it without them.
As an added bonus, all four baseball teams won their games that day.
In attendance were the Little Murphys, Melanie Murphy’s second grade classroom at Northwood Elementary School. The husband and wife team recently paired up their students for a “Baseball Buddy” program that gives the Little Murphys someone to look up to and the high school students an opportunity to mentor.