- Candlelight Christmas Holiday Show at Morgan Manning House Dec. 5 & 6Posted 2 days ago
- Celebrate Agriculture dinner tickets on salePosted 2 days ago
- Boy Scouts launch toy collectionPosted 2 days ago
- 2014 Home for the HolidaysPosted 2 days ago
- Gillett Road bridge over Erie Canal in Ogden now restricted to eight tonsPosted 1 week ago
- New York State Silver Gloves Boxing Tournament coming to RochesterPosted 1 week ago
- Christmas on the Canal celebrates 19 years with December 7 eventPosted 1 week ago
- Spencerport Community Chorus performs Holiday ConcertPosted 1 week ago
- CCHS named to national Blue Star School Top 100 BestPosted 2 weeks ago
- Hilton High School students to perform “The Sound of Music”Posted 2 weeks ago
Cadets baseball raises $2,200 for breast cancer research
The Hilton Cadet baseball team held their Fifth Annual Breast Cancer Awareness Game on May 10 against Greece Olympia, raising over $2,200 for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
Coach Jeff Murphy said this is the most that the team has ever raised. “Thank you so much to everyone who donated and helped make this day a success!” he said. “There were so many people who helped out throughout the day and we couldn’t have done it without them.
As an added bonus, all four baseball teams won their games that day.
In attendance were the Little Murphys, Melanie Murphy’s second grade classroom at Northwood Elementary School. The husband and wife team recently paired up their students for a “Baseball Buddy” program that gives the Little Murphys someone to look up to and the high school students an opportunity to mentor.