- Fresh Christmas trees grown locally as sustainable cropsPosted 2 days ago
- Candlelight Christmas Holiday Show at Morgan Manning HousePosted 2 days ago
- 2015 Home for the HolidaysPosted 1 week ago
- Hilton CSD residents to vote on Capital Project propositionPosted 1 week ago
- Hilton-Parma Gazebo band to present Christmas concertsPosted 1 week ago
- Spencerport announces Scholar Athlete AwardsPosted 1 week ago
- 2015 Holiday Edition Community LinkPosted 2 weeks ago
- Long time Parma resident participates in Honor FlightPosted 2 weeks ago
- Brockport wins first football titlePosted 2 weeks ago
Cadets baseball raises $2,200 for breast cancer research
The Hilton Cadet baseball team held their Fifth Annual Breast Cancer Awareness Game on May 10 against Greece Olympia, raising over $2,200 for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
Coach Jeff Murphy said this is the most that the team has ever raised. “Thank you so much to everyone who donated and helped make this day a success!” he said. “There were so many people who helped out throughout the day and we couldn’t have done it without them.
As an added bonus, all four baseball teams won their games that day.
In attendance were the Little Murphys, Melanie Murphy’s second grade classroom at Northwood Elementary School. The husband and wife team recently paired up their students for a “Baseball Buddy” program that gives the Little Murphys someone to look up to and the high school students an opportunity to mentor.