- Graduation 2016Posted 7 hours ago
- Mill Creek Golf Club holds ribbon cuttingPosted 10 hours ago
- Get ready to read this summerPosted 10 hours ago
- Business AlmanacPosted 6 days ago
- Red Jug Pub to locate in BrockportPosted 1 week ago
- Spencerport business owner receives Founders AwardPosted 1 week ago
- Hilton-Parma Gazebo Band to launch 33rd Concert SeasonPosted 2 weeks ago
- UMC opens annual farmers’ marketPosted 2 weeks ago
- Historical items on displayPosted 3 weeks ago
- 2016 Summer Community LinkPosted 3 weeks ago
Saints varsity boys win first tennis title
All six Churchville-Chili wins came in straight sets, including sweeping all three doubles matches, as they defeated Brighton 6-1 to win the school’s first boys tennis Section V championship.
The top doubles team of juniors Scott Arilotta and Dan Davis won 6-3, 6-1; seniors Matt Greer and John Iacucci won at second doubles 6-1, 6-3 and senior Zack Wilson with junior Connor O’Neill won a tight third doubles match 6-4, 7-5.
Top singles player Quinn Magiera had little trouble in his 6-2, 6-1 victory as did classmate Patrick Mathews in a 6-3, 6-3 win at third singles. Seventh-grader Ben Davis took his fourth singles match 7-5, 6-2.
Magiera earlier this month became the first Saints tennis player since 2002 to advance to the state qualifying tournament after finishing second in Section V. He won his quarterfinal match before losing in the semi-finals.
The Saints finished a perfect 6-0 in division play to win their fourth consecutive Division II title. They also improved to 12-2 on the season.