- 2016 Spring Community LinkPosted 4 days ago
- Community volunteer helps residentsPosted 4 days ago
- Young Women of Distinction recipients announcedPosted 4 days ago
- 2016 Spring Home ImprovementPosted 3 weeks ago
- Community invited to attend Drug Prevention and Intervention ForumPosted 3 weeks ago
- Tickets on sale for 20th Annual Armed Forces Day LuncheonPosted 3 weeks ago
- Brockport sets date for Dissolution VotePosted 2 months ago
Saints varsity boys win first tennis title
All six Churchville-Chili wins came in straight sets, including sweeping all three doubles matches, as they defeated Brighton 6-1 to win the school’s first boys tennis Section V championship.
The top doubles team of juniors Scott Arilotta and Dan Davis won 6-3, 6-1; seniors Matt Greer and John Iacucci won at second doubles 6-1, 6-3 and senior Zack Wilson with junior Connor O’Neill won a tight third doubles match 6-4, 7-5.
Top singles player Quinn Magiera had little trouble in his 6-2, 6-1 victory as did classmate Patrick Mathews in a 6-3, 6-3 win at third singles. Seventh-grader Ben Davis took his fourth singles match 7-5, 6-2.
Magiera earlier this month became the first Saints tennis player since 2002 to advance to the state qualifying tournament after finishing second in Section V. He won his quarterfinal match before losing in the semi-finals.
The Saints finished a perfect 6-0 in division play to win their fourth consecutive Division II title. They also improved to 12-2 on the season.