- Over 100 families assisted in Cartons for Christmas OutreachPosted 21 hours ago
- 2015 Winter LinkPosted 21 hours ago
- Cadets win second consecutive Barnard TourneyPosted 21 hours ago
- Public hearing Feb. 5 on Route 531/Washington Street terminus improvementsPosted 1 week ago
- Brockport CSD holds public hearing on Veterans’ Tax Exemption Jan. 27Posted 1 week ago
- Artwork from Parma Public Library’s adult art programs on displayPosted 1 week ago
- Brockport’s “Evening of Jazz” on Feb. 6Posted 1 week ago
- Sweden Town Park outdoor ice rink is openPosted 1 week ago
- Can you help solve these mysteries?Posted 2 weeks ago
- Spencerport Area Chamber of Commerce announces 2014 Award WinnersPosted 3 weeks ago
Saints varsity boys win first tennis title
All six Churchville-Chili wins came in straight sets, including sweeping all three doubles matches, as they defeated Brighton 6-1 to win the school’s first boys tennis Section V championship.
The top doubles team of juniors Scott Arilotta and Dan Davis won 6-3, 6-1; seniors Matt Greer and John Iacucci won at second doubles 6-1, 6-3 and senior Zack Wilson with junior Connor O’Neill won a tight third doubles match 6-4, 7-5.
Top singles player Quinn Magiera had little trouble in his 6-2, 6-1 victory as did classmate Patrick Mathews in a 6-3, 6-3 win at third singles. Seventh-grader Ben Davis took his fourth singles match 7-5, 6-2.
Magiera earlier this month became the first Saints tennis player since 2002 to advance to the state qualifying tournament after finishing second in Section V. He won his quarterfinal match before losing in the semi-finals.
The Saints finished a perfect 6-0 in division play to win their fourth consecutive Division II title. They also improved to 12-2 on the season.