- 2015 Spring Showcase of BusinessPosted 32 mins ago
- Area resource helps collect medical infoPosted 2 hours ago
- C-C’s Ryan named Player of the YearPosted 2 hours ago
- “Out of the Ashes” – Marking the 50th anniversary of the Western Monroe Historical SocietyPosted 2 weeks ago
- Hilton Firemen’s Carnival changes dates, expands for 2015Posted 2 weeks ago
- C-C student receives local VFW Patriot’s Pen awardPosted 2 weeks ago
- Take a class – “Catch the Gardening Bug” series begins March 25Posted 4 weeks ago
- “Garden Talk” focuses on new plants for 2015Posted 1 month ago
- GCC offers tax filing helpPosted 2 months ago
- Applications for Preservation League’s Signature Grant Programs due by April 13Posted 2 months ago
Saints varsity boys win first tennis title
All six Churchville-Chili wins came in straight sets, including sweeping all three doubles matches, as they defeated Brighton 6-1 to win the school’s first boys tennis Section V championship.
The top doubles team of juniors Scott Arilotta and Dan Davis won 6-3, 6-1; seniors Matt Greer and John Iacucci won at second doubles 6-1, 6-3 and senior Zack Wilson with junior Connor O’Neill won a tight third doubles match 6-4, 7-5.
Top singles player Quinn Magiera had little trouble in his 6-2, 6-1 victory as did classmate Patrick Mathews in a 6-3, 6-3 win at third singles. Seventh-grader Ben Davis took his fourth singles match 7-5, 6-2.
Magiera earlier this month became the first Saints tennis player since 2002 to advance to the state qualifying tournament after finishing second in Section V. He won his quarterfinal match before losing in the semi-finals.
The Saints finished a perfect 6-0 in division play to win their fourth consecutive Division II title. They also improved to 12-2 on the season.