- Zoo and Bergen Swamp Preservation Society presents swamp’s unique featuresPosted 5 days ago
- Bad Apples features unique twists on good foodPosted 5 days ago
- 6th annual Clarkson Classic 5K and Neighborhood Contest set for August 23Posted 5 days ago
- Reduction in hours of operation likely at Kendall Post OfficePosted 2 weeks ago
- Spencerport Federal Credit Union prepares to expand officesPosted 2 weeks ago
- 2014 Kids Special SectionPosted 2 weeks ago
- New High School Equivalency Test availablePosted 3 weeks ago
- Foodlink Mobile Food Pantry to return to HiltonPosted 3 weeks ago
Saints varsity boys win first tennis title
All six Churchville-Chili wins came in straight sets, including sweeping all three doubles matches, as they defeated Brighton 6-1 to win the school’s first boys tennis Section V championship.
The top doubles team of juniors Scott Arilotta and Dan Davis won 6-3, 6-1; seniors Matt Greer and John Iacucci won at second doubles 6-1, 6-3 and senior Zack Wilson with junior Connor O’Neill won a tight third doubles match 6-4, 7-5.
Top singles player Quinn Magiera had little trouble in his 6-2, 6-1 victory as did classmate Patrick Mathews in a 6-3, 6-3 win at third singles. Seventh-grader Ben Davis took his fourth singles match 7-5, 6-2.
Magiera earlier this month became the first Saints tennis player since 2002 to advance to the state qualifying tournament after finishing second in Section V. He won his quarterfinal match before losing in the semi-finals.
The Saints finished a perfect 6-0 in division play to win their fourth consecutive Division II title. They also improved to 12-2 on the season.