- 2014 Apple Fest Award WinnersPosted 1 week ago
- Two Brockport nurses earn top honors at March of Dimes Awards GalaPosted 2 weeks ago
- 2014 Apple Fest PhotosPosted 2 weeks ago
- RPO to perform “Exotic Adventures” concert in BrockportPosted 2 weeks ago
- 2014 Fall HomePosted 3 weeks ago
- Bergen Business and Civic dinner recognizes residents Nov. 1Posted 4 weeks ago
- 2014 Fall Community LinkPosted 4 weeks ago
- Civil War lectures presented at both GCC Medina and Albion Campus CentersPosted 1 month ago
Saints varsity boys win first tennis title
All six Churchville-Chili wins came in straight sets, including sweeping all three doubles matches, as they defeated Brighton 6-1 to win the school’s first boys tennis Section V championship.
The top doubles team of juniors Scott Arilotta and Dan Davis won 6-3, 6-1; seniors Matt Greer and John Iacucci won at second doubles 6-1, 6-3 and senior Zack Wilson with junior Connor O’Neill won a tight third doubles match 6-4, 7-5.
Top singles player Quinn Magiera had little trouble in his 6-2, 6-1 victory as did classmate Patrick Mathews in a 6-3, 6-3 win at third singles. Seventh-grader Ben Davis took his fourth singles match 7-5, 6-2.
Magiera earlier this month became the first Saints tennis player since 2002 to advance to the state qualifying tournament after finishing second in Section V. He won his quarterfinal match before losing in the semi-finals.
The Saints finished a perfect 6-0 in division play to win their fourth consecutive Division II title. They also improved to 12-2 on the season.