- Candlelight Christmas Holiday Show at Morgan Manning House Dec. 5 & 6Posted 3 days ago
- Celebrate Agriculture dinner tickets on salePosted 3 days ago
- Boy Scouts launch toy collectionPosted 3 days ago
- 2014 Home for the HolidaysPosted 3 days ago
- Gillett Road bridge over Erie Canal in Ogden now restricted to eight tonsPosted 1 week ago
- New York State Silver Gloves Boxing Tournament coming to RochesterPosted 1 week ago
- Christmas on the Canal celebrates 19 years with December 7 eventPosted 1 week ago
- Spencerport Community Chorus performs Holiday ConcertPosted 1 week ago
- CCHS named to national Blue Star School Top 100 BestPosted 2 weeks ago
- Hilton High School students to perform “The Sound of Music”Posted 2 weeks ago
Saints varsity boys win first tennis title
All six Churchville-Chili wins came in straight sets, including sweeping all three doubles matches, as they defeated Brighton 6-1 to win the school’s first boys tennis Section V championship.
The top doubles team of juniors Scott Arilotta and Dan Davis won 6-3, 6-1; seniors Matt Greer and John Iacucci won at second doubles 6-1, 6-3 and senior Zack Wilson with junior Connor O’Neill won a tight third doubles match 6-4, 7-5.
Top singles player Quinn Magiera had little trouble in his 6-2, 6-1 victory as did classmate Patrick Mathews in a 6-3, 6-3 win at third singles. Seventh-grader Ben Davis took his fourth singles match 7-5, 6-2.
Magiera earlier this month became the first Saints tennis player since 2002 to advance to the state qualifying tournament after finishing second in Section V. He won his quarterfinal match before losing in the semi-finals.
The Saints finished a perfect 6-0 in division play to win their fourth consecutive Division II title. They also improved to 12-2 on the season.