- Graduation 2016Posted 5 days ago
- Mill Creek Golf Club holds ribbon cuttingPosted 5 days ago
- Get ready to read this summerPosted 5 days ago
- Business AlmanacPosted 1 week ago
- Red Jug Pub to locate in BrockportPosted 2 weeks ago
- Spencerport business owner receives Founders AwardPosted 2 weeks ago
- Hilton-Parma Gazebo Band to launch 33rd Concert SeasonPosted 3 weeks ago
- UMC opens annual farmers’ marketPosted 3 weeks ago
- Historical items on displayPosted 4 weeks ago
- 2016 Summer Community LinkPosted 4 weeks ago
Bubba Watson selected sports award winner
PGA golfer Bubba Watson has been selected as the Hickok Belt Award winner for the month of April 2014. Watson was selected based on his win at the 2014 Masters Tournament at Augusta National. This is Watson’s second Masters victory in three years, making him the seventh golfer in history whose first two major wins came at the Masters. Watson’s average driving distance of 305.63 yards off the tee including a 366-yard drive at the par-5 13th proved to be the difference in setting up the victory.
Other finalists for the month of April in order of how the NSSA voters ranked them included: LaMarcus Aldridge (basketball), Jose Abreu (basketball), LeBron James (basketball), Zach Parise (hockey), Adam Wainwright (baseball), Manny Pacquaio (boxing), Tuukka Rask (hockey), Lexi Thompson (golf), and Joey Logano (auto racing).
To learn more about the Hickock Belt Award visitwww.HickokBelt.com.