- Spencerport hosts Teike Bernabi Wrestling Tournament Dec. 29-30Posted 11 hours ago
- Local residents prepare for Tournament of Roses paradePosted 1 week ago
- Brockport Festival of Lights ParadePosted 1 week ago
- Western Monroe Historical Society celebrates its Golden Anniversary in 2015Posted 1 week ago
- New way to dispose of electronic appliancesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Hilton CSD Athletic Hall of Fame to induct five new members Dec. 29Posted 2 weeks ago
- 2014 Gift GuidePosted 2 weeks ago
- American Red Cross offers free Citizen Preparedness Corps training in OgdenPosted 3 weeks ago
- Celebrate Agriculture dinner tickets on salePosted 4 weeks ago
- 2014 Home for the HolidaysPosted 4 weeks ago
Bubba Watson selected sports award winner
PGA golfer Bubba Watson has been selected as the Hickok Belt Award winner for the month of April 2014. Watson was selected based on his win at the 2014 Masters Tournament at Augusta National. This is Watson’s second Masters victory in three years, making him the seventh golfer in history whose first two major wins came at the Masters. Watson’s average driving distance of 305.63 yards off the tee including a 366-yard drive at the par-5 13th proved to be the difference in setting up the victory.
Other finalists for the month of April in order of how the NSSA voters ranked them included: LaMarcus Aldridge (basketball), Jose Abreu (basketball), LeBron James (basketball), Zach Parise (hockey), Adam Wainwright (baseball), Manny Pacquaio (boxing), Tuukka Rask (hockey), Lexi Thompson (golf), and Joey Logano (auto racing).
To learn more about the Hickock Belt Award visitwww.HickokBelt.com.