- Route 31 bridge replacement project resumesPosted 7 days ago
- Bright Raven gymnasts win gold at statesPosted 7 days ago
- 2017 Spring Home ImprovementPosted 2 weeks ago
- Volunteer fire departments across New York recruit new membersPosted 2 weeks ago
- Friends of Hamlin Beach State Park host I Love My Park DayPosted 2 weeks ago
- Sign-up for Westside Challenger BaseballPosted 2 weeks ago
- Young Women of Distinction Award finalists announced by Women’s CouncilPosted 3 weeks ago
- Brockport HS student wins Science Congress competitionPosted 3 weeks ago
- Genesee Country Village & Museum 2017 event calendarPosted 2 months ago
Bubba Watson selected sports award winner
PGA golfer Bubba Watson has been selected as the Hickok Belt Award winner for the month of April 2014. Watson was selected based on his win at the 2014 Masters Tournament at Augusta National. This is Watson’s second Masters victory in three years, making him the seventh golfer in history whose first two major wins came at the Masters. Watson’s average driving distance of 305.63 yards off the tee including a 366-yard drive at the par-5 13th proved to be the difference in setting up the victory.
Other finalists for the month of April in order of how the NSSA voters ranked them included: LaMarcus Aldridge (basketball), Jose Abreu (basketball), LeBron James (basketball), Zach Parise (hockey), Adam Wainwright (baseball), Manny Pacquaio (boxing), Tuukka Rask (hockey), Lexi Thompson (golf), and Joey Logano (auto racing).
To learn more about the Hickock Belt Award visitwww.HickokBelt.com.