- New mural depicts Bergen’s HistoryPosted 3 days ago
- Historical artform displayedPosted 3 days ago
- St. Pius X parish rebuilding — literally and spiritually — following firePosted 2 weeks ago
- Hundreds of American flags to honor service providersPosted 2 weeks ago
- Ribbons remind to support CourtneyPosted 3 weeks ago
- Hometown Heroes from near and farPosted 3 weeks ago
- 2015 Kids Special SectionPosted 4 weeks ago
- Village of Spencerport changes refuse containers policyPosted 1 month ago
- Heart patient to start Running ClubPosted 1 month ago
Bubba Watson selected sports award winner
PGA golfer Bubba Watson has been selected as the Hickok Belt Award winner for the month of April 2014. Watson was selected based on his win at the 2014 Masters Tournament at Augusta National. This is Watson’s second Masters victory in three years, making him the seventh golfer in history whose first two major wins came at the Masters. Watson’s average driving distance of 305.63 yards off the tee including a 366-yard drive at the par-5 13th proved to be the difference in setting up the victory.
Other finalists for the month of April in order of how the NSSA voters ranked them included: LaMarcus Aldridge (basketball), Jose Abreu (basketball), LeBron James (basketball), Zach Parise (hockey), Adam Wainwright (baseball), Manny Pacquaio (boxing), Tuukka Rask (hockey), Lexi Thompson (golf), and Joey Logano (auto racing).
To learn more about the Hickock Belt Award visitwww.HickokBelt.com.