- Genesee Country Village & Museum 2017 event calendarPosted 5 days ago
- Buy and sell at the Hilton Community Indoor Flea MarketPosted 5 days ago
- Save the date for Kendall’s “Community Read” eventPosted 5 days ago
- Brockport, Byron-Bergen win Section V wrestling titlesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Resurfacing of Lake Ontario State Parkway planned for this summerPosted 3 weeks ago
- GCC time capsule seeking submissionsPosted 3 weeks ago
- Rangers hockey wins third straightPosted 3 weeks ago
- Gates Chili Chamber to hold State of the TownsPosted 4 weeks ago
Bubba Watson selected sports award winner
PGA golfer Bubba Watson has been selected as the Hickok Belt Award winner for the month of April 2014. Watson was selected based on his win at the 2014 Masters Tournament at Augusta National. This is Watson’s second Masters victory in three years, making him the seventh golfer in history whose first two major wins came at the Masters. Watson’s average driving distance of 305.63 yards off the tee including a 366-yard drive at the par-5 13th proved to be the difference in setting up the victory.
Other finalists for the month of April in order of how the NSSA voters ranked them included: LaMarcus Aldridge (basketball), Jose Abreu (basketball), LeBron James (basketball), Zach Parise (hockey), Adam Wainwright (baseball), Manny Pacquaio (boxing), Tuukka Rask (hockey), Lexi Thompson (golf), and Joey Logano (auto racing).
To learn more about the Hickock Belt Award visitwww.HickokBelt.com.