- Westside Challenger Baseball closes out its 4th season with Award Ceremony and PicnicPosted 2 days ago
- 2014 Canal Days Special SectionPosted 2 days ago
- Hilton’s Schwind living the dreamPosted 1 week ago
- State appeals court dismisses Monroe County Fair neighbors’ lawsuitPosted 1 week ago
- Discover Pinta and Nina in RochesterPosted 1 week ago
- Margaret A. McGrath Charitable Foundation awards $63,500 in scholarshipsPosted 2 weeks ago
- 115 Years of Hilton High School graduationsPosted 3 weeks ago
- Monroe County Fair returns to Northampton ParkPosted 1 month ago
- Gardens with Japanese elementsPosted 2 months ago
- 2014 Summer GuidePosted 2 months ago
Bubba Watson selected sports award winner
PGA golfer Bubba Watson has been selected as the Hickok Belt Award winner for the month of April 2014. Watson was selected based on his win at the 2014 Masters Tournament at Augusta National. This is Watson’s second Masters victory in three years, making him the seventh golfer in history whose first two major wins came at the Masters. Watson’s average driving distance of 305.63 yards off the tee including a 366-yard drive at the par-5 13th proved to be the difference in setting up the victory.
Other finalists for the month of April in order of how the NSSA voters ranked them included: LaMarcus Aldridge (basketball), Jose Abreu (basketball), LeBron James (basketball), Zach Parise (hockey), Adam Wainwright (baseball), Manny Pacquaio (boxing), Tuukka Rask (hockey), Lexi Thompson (golf), and Joey Logano (auto racing).
To learn more about the Hickock Belt Award visitwww.HickokBelt.com.