- SSC Committee seeks input on the future of Sweden Senior CenterPosted 5 days ago
- Brockport Police Department will collect unwanted prescription drugsPosted 5 days ago
- Holley Rotary awards Paul Harris FellowPosted 5 days ago
- Hamlin Beach to host clean upPosted 5 days ago
- Civil War lectures presented at both GCC Medina and Albion Campus CentersPosted 5 days ago
- 2014 Autumn GuidePosted 2 weeks ago
- Fall is in the air – time for astersPosted 2 weeks ago
- Tender Loving Family Care opens family home for adultsPosted 3 weeks ago
- Mail fraud charges under investigationPosted 3 weeks ago
- Hamlin soccer coach brings three decades of experience to the fieldPosted 3 weeks ago
Bubba Watson selected sports award winner
PGA golfer Bubba Watson has been selected as the Hickok Belt Award winner for the month of April 2014. Watson was selected based on his win at the 2014 Masters Tournament at Augusta National. This is Watson’s second Masters victory in three years, making him the seventh golfer in history whose first two major wins came at the Masters. Watson’s average driving distance of 305.63 yards off the tee including a 366-yard drive at the par-5 13th proved to be the difference in setting up the victory.
Other finalists for the month of April in order of how the NSSA voters ranked them included: LaMarcus Aldridge (basketball), Jose Abreu (basketball), LeBron James (basketball), Zach Parise (hockey), Adam Wainwright (baseball), Manny Pacquaio (boxing), Tuukka Rask (hockey), Lexi Thompson (golf), and Joey Logano (auto racing).
To learn more about the Hickock Belt Award visitwww.HickokBelt.com.