- Zoo and Bergen Swamp Preservation Society presents swamp’s unique featuresPosted 3 days ago
- Bad Apples features unique twists on good foodPosted 3 days ago
- 6th annual Clarkson Classic 5K and Neighborhood Contest set for August 23Posted 3 days ago
- Reduction in hours of operation likely at Kendall Post OfficePosted 1 week ago
- Spencerport Federal Credit Union prepares to expand officesPosted 1 week ago
- 2014 Kids Special SectionPosted 1 week ago
- New High School Equivalency Test availablePosted 2 weeks ago
- Foodlink Mobile Food Pantry to return to HiltonPosted 2 weeks ago
Bubba Watson selected sports award winner
PGA golfer Bubba Watson has been selected as the Hickok Belt Award winner for the month of April 2014. Watson was selected based on his win at the 2014 Masters Tournament at Augusta National. This is Watson’s second Masters victory in three years, making him the seventh golfer in history whose first two major wins came at the Masters. Watson’s average driving distance of 305.63 yards off the tee including a 366-yard drive at the par-5 13th proved to be the difference in setting up the victory.
Other finalists for the month of April in order of how the NSSA voters ranked them included: LaMarcus Aldridge (basketball), Jose Abreu (basketball), LeBron James (basketball), Zach Parise (hockey), Adam Wainwright (baseball), Manny Pacquaio (boxing), Tuukka Rask (hockey), Lexi Thompson (golf), and Joey Logano (auto racing).
To learn more about the Hickock Belt Award visitwww.HickokBelt.com.