- 2017 Spring Community LinkPosted 5 days ago
- Village of Holley grows community gardenPosted 5 days ago
- Route 31 bridge replacement project resumesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Bright Raven gymnasts win gold at statesPosted 2 weeks ago
- 2017 Spring Home ImprovementPosted 3 weeks ago
- Volunteer fire departments across New York recruit new membersPosted 3 weeks ago
- Friends of Hamlin Beach State Park host I Love My Park DayPosted 3 weeks ago
- Genesee Country Village & Museum 2017 event calendarPosted 2 months ago
LeBron James Named the Overall Hickok Belt® Award Winner for 2013
A panel of National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association (NSSA) voters has chosen Miami Heat forward LeBron James as the overall Hickok Belt Award winner for 2013. This marks the second year in a row that James was selected, making him the first person to win the award in back-to-back years in the award’s history.
“On behalf of the NSSA, I’d like to congratulate LeBron James on this incredible accomplishment,” said Dave Goren, Executive Director. “He continues to amaze and is such an exciting player to watch. Our voters felt LeBron once again stood out among a field of truly tremendous athletes.”
Other finalists for the award included each of the 2013 Hickok Belt Award monthly winners, which finished in the following order, based on the NSSA voting: Miguel Cabrera (baseball), Peyton Manning (football), David Ortiz (baseball), Phil Mickelson (golf), Colin Kaepernick (football), Jimmie Johnson (auto racing), and Joe Flacco (football).
James’s selection not only crowns him as the “best of the best” across all professional sports, it also marks another milestone for the Hickok Belt Award.
“LeBron James has shown us once again what the Hickok Belt is all about,” said Tony Liccione of the Hickok Belt Award. “He is at the top of his game in all facets. Given all that he accomplished in 2013, it’s no surprise that the NSSA voters have chosen to recognize him with this honor.”
In other Hickok Belt news, it was announced that British Open champion Rory McIlroy has been named the Hickok Belt Award winner for the month of July 2014. McIlroy won his first British Open on July 20 with outstanding play, leading the tournament from start to finish and at 25 became the third-youngest man to win three of the four major professional golf tournaments.
To learn about the Hickok Belt Award, current monthly winners and the award’s history visit www.HickokBelt.com.