- GCC welcomes homeschool students and families to information and orientation sessionPosted 3 weeks ago
- 2017 First Responder TributePosted 1 month ago
- Brockport CSD receives universal pre-kindergarten grantPosted 1 month ago
- Brockport gymnasts rank secondPosted 1 month ago
- Genesee Country Village & Museum 2017 event calendarPosted 1 month ago
- Buy and sell at the Hilton Community Indoor Flea MarketPosted 1 month ago
- Save the date for Kendall’s “Community Read” eventPosted 1 month ago
Holley senior wins football honors
Holley senior Collin Papaj was recently honored with receiving a Silver Award Scholarship from the National Football Foundation.
Out of the 30 senior football players that were invited to the National Football Foundation Scholarship Awards Banquet at Burgundy Basin on December 12, he was one of eight to receive the Silver Award Scholarship. He also received a plaque and shirt.
His name will go into the College Football Hall of Fame as a National Football Foundation Scholar Athlete.
Collin was one of many football players in Section V to apply for this scholarship, which was awarded based on performance in the classroom and on the field.
Collin has only played football for three years for Holley Middle School/High School, but he has worked hard during his short stint. He has 117 carries for 850 yards, 7.2 yards per carry, and seven touchdowns, with his longest touchdown run recorded at 83 yards. He was also selected to the Genesee Region League All-Star First Team.
“Collin deserves all the recognition he can get,” said Varsity Football Coach Wil Prince. “He is a great kid and very hardworking.”
Provided information and photo