- Genesee Country Village & Museum 2017 event calendarPosted 5 days ago
- Buy and sell at the Hilton Community Indoor Flea MarketPosted 5 days ago
- Save the date for Kendall’s “Community Read” eventPosted 5 days ago
- Brockport, Byron-Bergen win Section V wrestling titlesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Resurfacing of Lake Ontario State Parkway planned for this summerPosted 3 weeks ago
- GCC time capsule seeking submissionsPosted 3 weeks ago
- Rangers hockey wins third straightPosted 3 weeks ago
- Gates Chili Chamber to hold State of the TownsPosted 4 weeks ago
Brockport, Byron-Bergen win Section V wrestling titles
Brockport had four wrestlers win the respective weight classes to win their fourth straight Class A team title with 270 points while Byron-Bergen also sported four individual winners to win the Class BB title for the second consecutive year with 187.5 points.
Tyler Daly, Cody Anders, Carson Daly and James Baker were sectional champions for the Blue Devils while Jacob Davies, Troy Ferris and Nick Farrell were runners-up.
Tyler Daly won a 6-4 decision in the final at 99 lb. and Anders followed with a 3-1 win at 106 lb. Carson Daly won his third consecutive title with a relatively easy 7-1 decision at 160 lb. while Baker won via fall in 3:37 in the 285 lb. final.
Adding to the team depth for the Blue Devils were third place finishes by Ryan Daly and Yhaasic Bringer and fourth placers Tyler Davies, Simeon Horton and Sean Dowdell.
Spencerport finished second with 243 team points as Tyler Mitchell (126 lb.), Mason Wersinger (132 lb.), Michael Vinci (145 lb.) and Nicholas Pinkowski (182 lb.) all won Section V titles.
For Byron-Bergen, Will Thompson was named Most Outstanding Wrestler for the upper weights as he took the 182 lb. title with an 11-3 major decision in the final. It marked his second consecutive championship.
Chad Toal (120 lb.) won by default in 5:57 in his final while Chase Toal took an 8-4 decision at 195 lb. Adam Walker defeated his final opponent 3-2 to win the 220 lb. championship for the second straight year.
Brendan Marsocci was second at 285 lb. while Justin Hannan (113 lb.) was fourth for the Bees.
Holley/Kendall finished sixth in Class BB with Erik Balys (145 lb.), Jeremy Browe (152 lb.) and Braxton Leary-Hart (170 lb.) each finishing second in their respective weight classes.
Hilton took second in Class AA despite Ryan Burgos (99 lb.), Greg Diakomihalis (113 lb.), Austin Hertl (126 lb.), Sam DePrez (170 lb.), Lou DePrez (182 lb.), Mike Spallina (195 lb.) and Nate Whybra (220 lb.) all winning individual titles.