- GCC welcomes homeschool students and families to information and orientation sessionPosted 3 weeks ago
- 2017 First Responder TributePosted 1 month ago
- Brockport CSD receives universal pre-kindergarten grantPosted 1 month ago
- Brockport gymnasts rank secondPosted 1 month ago
- Genesee Country Village & Museum 2017 event calendarPosted 1 month ago
- Buy and sell at the Hilton Community Indoor Flea MarketPosted 1 month ago
- Save the date for Kendall’s “Community Read” eventPosted 1 month ago
Brockport’s Amthor takes two runner-up places at State Competition
Brandon Amthor placed second in the 200 freestyle in 1:39.33 and second in the 100 freestyle in 45.41 in a public school swimming competition held on Long Island on March 3 and 4. Both swims were All-American Consideration times and achieved the highest place among Section V swims. The top 30 athletes for each event returned from preliminary competition to swim in finals on day two of competition.
Among other westside athletes achieving places in the finals of public school swims by event order were: 200 freestyle – Brandon Crist (Churchville) taking 10th with a 1:43:74 and Tyler Regelsberger (Churchville) placing 16th in 1:44.70; 50 freestyle – Christian Montanez (Churchville) took 18th place with a 21.87 and Bruce Kane (Brockport) placing 25th in 21.95; Diving – Anthony Guerrierri (Brockport) placed 19th with a score of 397.75; 100 freestyle – Kane (Brockport) placed 12th with a time of 47.43, Regelsberger (Churchville) took 16th place in 47.87, and Nolan Benson (Spencerport) came in 22nd in 48.18; 500 freestyle – Crist (Churchville) took seventh place with a 4:36.26.
Brockport’s 200 freestyle relay of Matt Dambra, Kane, Alex Regna and Amthor took fifth place in a time of 1:26.57. Churchville’s 200 freestyle relay of Montanez, Kyle Wooding, Regelsberger, and Crist placed 16th in 1:29.28 and 20th in the 400 freestyle relay with a time of 3:17.57.
Scored as a team for NYS public school championships, Section V placed fourth with 394 points. Among Section V schools contributing points were Pittsford 149, Brockport 88, Churchville 54, Webster 52, Victor 29, Attica 11, Fairport 7 and Dansville 4.