- GCC welcomes homeschool students and families to information and orientation sessionPosted 3 weeks ago
- 2017 First Responder TributePosted 1 month ago
- Brockport CSD receives universal pre-kindergarten grantPosted 1 month ago
- Brockport gymnasts rank secondPosted 1 month ago
- Genesee Country Village & Museum 2017 event calendarPosted 1 month ago
- Buy and sell at the Hilton Community Indoor Flea MarketPosted 1 month ago
- Save the date for Kendall’s “Community Read” eventPosted 1 month ago
Serena Williams named Hickok Belt® Award winner for January
Professional tennis star Serena Williams has been named the Hickok Belt® Award winner for the month of January 2017. A select panel of members of the National Sports Media Association (NSMA) conducted the voting and selected Williams based on her win at the Australian Open, her seventh Australian Open championship. Serena’s victory in the finals over her sister Venus also gave her the record for most Grand Slam singles titles with 23 overall.
Other finalists for the month of January in order of how the NSMA voters ranked them included: Roger Federer (tennis), Matt Ryan (football), Russell Westbrook (basketball), Justin Thomas (golf), Connor McDavid (hockey), Lindsey Vonn (skiing), Miguel Berchelt (boxing), Jenn Suhr (track & field) and Dele Alli (soccer).
Her selection as the Hickok Belt® Award winner for the month of January 2017 recognizes Serena Williams as “the best of the best” in professional sports for the month and makes her the first candidate eligible to receive the overall Hickok Belt® Award for 2017.
To learn more about the Hickok Belt® Award, visit www.HickokBelt.com.