- 2017 Spring Community LinkPosted 5 days ago
- Village of Holley grows community gardenPosted 5 days ago
- Route 31 bridge replacement project resumesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Bright Raven gymnasts win gold at statesPosted 2 weeks ago
- 2017 Spring Home ImprovementPosted 3 weeks ago
- Volunteer fire departments across New York recruit new membersPosted 3 weeks ago
- Friends of Hamlin Beach State Park host I Love My Park DayPosted 3 weeks ago
- Genesee Country Village & Museum 2017 event calendarPosted 2 months ago
Sign-up for Westside Challenger Baseball
Westside Challenger Baseball will enter its sixth season for all area youngsters in Western Monroe County, Orleans County and Genesee County who have physical and/or developmental disabilities and would like to experience baseball that is structured to their needs. Children ages five through 18 will participate in a fun, family atmosphere guided by a buddy to assist them when needed.
There is no cost to any family to have their child play due to generous sponsorship from area businesses, service organizations and private donations. Players will receive a hat and a jersey, trophies at end-of-season family picnic, food and drink after each game and free tickets for players and families to attend a Rochester Red Wings game.
The fundamental goal of Challenger Baseball is to give everyone a chance to play. To realize that goal, Challenger has two basic rules: every player bats each inning, and every player plays the field. Strikes and outs are not counted. Everybody scores and everybody wins. Challenger Baseball participants learn not only the fundamentals of baseball, but also experience pulling together as a team, being cheered on by a crowd, and being encouraged by their peers.
All games are played Saturday mornings at Nietopski Field at the Town of Sweden Park. Players have also been invited to play in June at the Challenger Baseball World Series at Frontier Field, the home field for the Rochester Red Wings.
The registration deadline is April 21. Obtain a registration form by contacting Jack Milner at 637-5027 or email at email@example.com.